How to remove the security password in Lumia 720?

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Tried but in vain. The password field is disabled. Does it have anything to do with outlook?. I have my office outlook mailbox configured in my phone.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What you have is the security policy enforced by your work place exchange server. There is no way to remove it. That's what your company IT wanted and I won't mess around with it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
this thread should be under windows phone 8, maybe you will get more help, I don't see it related to the lumia 720, although I are using one.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If the OP is using his/her device on his/her employer's Exchange server, and the employer's Exchange policy is enforcing the security password on the lockscreen, the only way to disable it without any repercussions would be to get taken off the Exchange server (and no longer get work emails) if work email is not required as a condition of employment. Attempting to circumvent the Exchange policy would be grounds for termination of employment.

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
It is about lockscreen security password only. Going by the above comments it looks like you cannot remove it once you've configured outlook mailbox in your phone. I'm gonna have to delete my outlook now. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium