Windows Phone vs Android vs iOS Devices

DrSloop

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
What makes the Windows Phone better than Android and iOS devices? I am very interested in the Windows Phone and I am thinking about getting one but I want to hear some feedback from the community. Do you like the Windows Phone, have you had any other devices (Apple/Android), which do you prefer, why do you think the Windows Phone is the best choice, etc

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy WP because of fluidity, ease of use, security, native social network integration, ease with connecting to PC, Skydrive integration, I can edit docs and spreadsheets easily, everything backs up and restores automatically or very simply if you need to, and last but not least, I like how it looks!!

Tiles be flippin!!!!

gautam12

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone - Stability, Smooth and Unique UI , Skydrive backups
Android- Custom ROMs and Freedom to tweak anything
iOS- Everything

DrSloop

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
What about hardware? I have heard Windows Phones lack the hardware that other phones provide. If this is true is Microsoft improving upon it?

gagandeep3019

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I love android because of customization that user can do.
But i also use windows phone.
Now both platforms have their pros and cons.

I use windows phone cuz i love its fluidity and look. And also i think developing apps in windows is easy(just from developer's view).
UI of windows is amazing clean and beautiful.but problem with windows phone is only apps.you can get most of general use apps but thing is that level of freedom is not possible here as you have here in android.

Now android is great platform but i dont use android phone as primary device. Now android is not as fluid as windows.I will always have one android device so that i donot loose level of freedom(every possible app).

Now ios is great platform too.but cmon admit that apple phones are much hyped and apple is arrogant company. So no talk of apple here.

gagandeep3019

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Now social networking chat feature in windows is not good.i have disabled it because I only receive first message and after that now facebook message.
Microsoft needs to work on this front.as i would like to see my facebook chat in my common message box.but for now i have disabled facebook chat.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Does the Windows Phone have the advantage when using a PC (with Windows 8) or does it matter?
I wwouldn't say that specifically matters but i love having a complete system tbh, w8 on pc, wp8 on phone. Maybe in upcoming updates there will be unification between the two.

I love wp8 because of how fast and easy to use it is. It is an extremely fluid, beautiful system which allows for good customisation but also keeps the security and reliability of the default preset customisation options.

The app list is growing daily, more and more big companies are getting on board including vendors that focus on enterprise utilities like citrix which is amazing.

Fot me personally, citrix is a big thing, my company works primarily blackberry but that will have to change soon i think, hope they make the right decision.

My wife has ios and its good.....but its not for me. The app list is obviously better bit think about the length of time it has been going and then think, what will wp be after that length of time. Exciting stuff. :)

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm more of a function over form person so I don't care about the WP UI. However, it is more stable than most Android - a flagship like the N4, S4 or HTC One is comparable.

Hmm. Apart from that I can't think of anything definitive WP has that Android doesn't...

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What about hardware? I have heard Windows Phones lack the hardware that other phones provide. If this is true is Microsoft improving upon it?
This is a difficult question to answer because the system requirements for each mobile OS are different. You can't directly compare specs between Android phones and WP phones and then fairly conclude that WP hardware is lacking. In terms of the hardware features that users really care about (screen size, phone size, display resolution and clarity, camera quality, phone call quality, phone design, quality of construction and materials, durability, basic UI performance, cellular/wifi reception, battery life), I would stack Nokia's WP phones against anything from Apple, Samsung or HTC.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Like a lot of other users on WPCentral, I have also used iOS and Android. I prefer WP8 mainly because of the UI speed and simplicity. The app selection is no longer as bad a problem as many critics try to suggest. The OS itself is excellent, and arguably the best of the big 3.​

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the Windows Phone have the advantage when using a PC (with Windows 8) or does it matter?

When I had an android, I made sure anti virus was to date and ready before plugging the phone to my pc. No such worry with Windows Phone. I have connected to my laptop and tablet with no difficulty at all. Able to do everything I need.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone - Stability, Smooth and Unique UI , Skydrive backups
Android- Custom ROMs and Freedom to tweak anything
iOS- Everything
You must have never used an iOS device. You say iPhone has everything, lol. If iPhone had everything why do people have to jailbreak their devices? An iPhone is like being in a jail. You have very limited freedom. People can't have customization over their devices unless you jailbreak. Don't get me wrong I like do like iOS to some point, I have and iPod touch and my friend has let me borrow his iPhone plenty of times. If your a gamer and care very much about games, but don't care much about freedom and customization apple will be for you or you can be like me and have an iPod touch to compliment your gaming and app needs. I love Android and windows phone for their UI, but iPhone is just a bit plain for me. Android and Windows Phone are both great phones for customization and UIs. I was in love with both android and the windows phone, and I finally decided on WP because I was in love with the live tiles. Android also has a lot of apps, but the store is full of a lot of horrible possible virus apps. Android is also amazing for customization because of 3D backgrounds and other kinds of app customizations and it also allows you to edit files of your phone which would be great for clearing space on your phone.
Recap, it really depends what person you are. If your like a bunch of apps and games care little about customization and freedom then you will like iPhone. If you like freedom, lots of free apps, and customization you will want android. Lastly, if your not a big app and game user,like to use your phone for pictures, like having stable videos, closer contacts, and live tiles you will enjoy windows phone. Just as a side note the WP store grows daily and I wasn't meaning to sound bias, but I know much more information about my phone than android and iOS(excluding my iPod experience). Choose what ever device you like and do some more research if you want more information.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the above, this forum will be bias but at the ens if the day it is your decision.

I was sold on the galaxy s3 until i did more research and fell in love with wp8, but that stems from my love of w8.

There are lots of unbiased reviews out there, infact i remember seeing a good one on neowin.net. A roundup of current smartphones with a completely neutral opinion. Very good.

Just remember if you do get a wp8, you will be soooo much cooler lol jokes.

YemeniFriend

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've have Started with an HTC G2 (Android)as my first smartphone. It was really good at first but Android Will Wear you down trust me. The phone became very laggy and I was kinda limited because it was running android 2.3!

Next, I got the Galaxy S II running 4.1.2. The specs and everything sounds great on the outside, but it's still laggy. And this phone had problems that the HTC didn't. Like on the Galaxy, when I run the camera, sometimes, it just says camera failed and I'm like WTF! I had to restart it to take a picture and it's a LONG boot. ( I also have been having problems with the phone charging. I sent it to Samsung 4 times and gave up.)

Currently, I have the Lumia 925. And I love it! Wireless charging was the best thing to ever come on a phone. It has NO lag at ALL. I'm not sure if I care about the live tiles but at least apps on my wp8 don't crash all the time like android. And the camera is great!

I also had an iPod Touch (4th) and it was very plain even if I jailbroke it. And I'm not sure if anyone else had there iPod overheating and loss of battery life but mine did. And the iPod was so fragile that I broke it within a month by it slipping out of my pocket.

So here's the thing
Apple - Recommend to Beginners
Android- Recommend to Devs
WP - Recommend to People

jonathanbailie

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
For me personally:

Android is too messy, customizable, and cluttered. There's a LOT you can do with android, and pretty much every app in the Play Store is built up better than their IOS or WP8 counterparts.

IOS is the exact opposite. It's boring, but does work very smoothly and reliably. IOS also has a lot of apps, of which many are great looking and very stable.

Windows phone is a great in-between. It's fast, fluid, and not cluttered or messy like android is. It's got it's own ecosystem (office, Bing, etc), and it's also a very clean and sleek looking system. The app selection still needs a bit of work, but it's getting there. There's pretty much an app for everything, but some are third party apps, and you sometimes have to sacrifice stability and function for that.

I have all three systems right now. I'm on my HTC One right now, using android 4.1, and I've also got a Lumia 920, running WP8 (not Amber, yet), and an iPad with IOS 7 (beta 6). If I had to choose one right now, I'd stick with my Lumia 920.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

you don't need quad cores yet. Android is power and resource hungry. Think power to weight ratio. WP is like a Lotus, 4 cylinder running/beating all the big boys. More nimble..

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
you don't need quad cores yet. Android is power and resource hungry. Think power to weight ratio. WP is like a Lotus, 4 cylinder running/beating all the big boys. More nimble..

Whereas android is more like a newer mustang. Put all the power you want into it, it may reach decent speeds at times but ultimately it's no more reliable than a pinto.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss