Apps refusing to download for no apparent reason?

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Lately whenever I try to download a new app or an update for an app, I keep on getting an 'Attention required. Tap here.' message on the download progress screen. Sometimes they will download a bit but then randomly stop and give me that message again, but they will rarely download completely.

I'm downloading over wi-fi and I'm 100% positive that my connection is not being lost. I've set my wi-fi to stay on when the screen times out, so that can't be the problem. Is the WP store unstable right now or something? Or is it just some problem on my end that I'm overlooking? Would appreciate any help on this issue.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
How fast is your Wi-Fi? Could you try a reboot or a soft reset?

For me, the problem is with my internet connection. If its the store, you should get an error code.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
How fast is your Wi-Fi? Could you try a reboot or a soft reset?

For me, the problem is with my internet connection. If its the store, you should get an error code.

Nope, don't get an error code.

Just tried a soft reset and it's still not working :/

Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with my wi-fi, everything else is working just fine.

Any other suggestions?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The message definitely indicating for some reason store app is not allowed to use wifi for a duration of stable stream.

Is the doing OK while browsing the net?
Does resetting MS account helps?
Does your wifi have uptight security settings?

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The message definitely indicating for some reason store app is not allowed to use wifi for a duration of stable stream.

Is the doing OK while browsing the net?
Does resetting MS account helps?
Does your wifi have uptight security settings?

Yep, I can browse the web just fine. Everything is smooth with my wi-fi other than with this. Keep in mind that this problem has only started occurring within the last few days and that it will occasionally download something, just will always stop at random times. However, I have not had any download progress at all in the last few hours which is worrying.

Just tried syncing my MS account on my phone (if that's what you meant), still no success.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm starting to get seriously stressed out over this. Is there really nothing else I can try to solve this? Anything? None of these suggestions seem to be working and I still haven't a single clue why it's all of a sudden just stopped working. Ugh...

williog

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm starting to get seriously stressed out over this. Is there really nothing else I can try to solve this? Anything? None of these suggestions seem to be working and I still haven't a single clue why it's all of a sudden just stopped working. Ugh...

Try and check if your Microsoft account is working by login in first or if already your mail is configured check if its downloading emails. This problem seems to be on your device only so change network connection also to see if it works. Thanks

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
^Nah I just meant hitting the sync button on my MS account in settings didn't help solve the downloading apps issue haha. MS account is all fine.

I actually got it to successfully download a couple things just then without much choppiness. Let's hope it's back up and working for good now and won't screw up again after a while :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre