Lumia DWORD Registry Tools Released

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
basically the app claim to be able to unlock the 10 apps limit for "unsigned" apps and set limit to whatever number you like.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
unluckily no. It only allows read access, and it's not sure if setting the app limit to something over 300 (like on WP7) has any benefit apart from being able to install more custom apps. Since there's no write access to the registry, it's not really helpful NOW..

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a big deal if you like hacking/playing with your device. I remember on my HTC Trophy, I could create custom colors for my tiles and a lot of other custom features that Microsoft would never release. Microsoft does a great job with Windows Phone but, once the hackers can do stuff on it, you will be shocked on the cool stuff that comes down the line...

Yea, you cant write to the key that will allow max unsigned apps but, it's just a matter of time... Once they found this, it could only get better...

I could care less about hacking apps to get them for free, I just want to make my device better. Now we need a list of what keys will do what....Maybe we can enable the FM radio on the 928 ?

Check over on XDA if you want more, I know there was a few threads on this, this is not brand new news, it's about a week old or so...

unluckily no. It only allows read access, and it's not sure if setting the app limit to something over 300 (like on WP7) has any benefit apart from being able to install more custom apps. Since there's no write access to the registry, it's not really helpful NOW..

Also you have to worry about the tool to install apps to your device now. When you install a app, it logs into the dev site and checks your status of your dev account. The WP7 device did not do this. We would need a 3rd party to write an app that will allow this with out checking if we want to be able to not have a limit on sideloading apps...

Also, you need Windows 8 to install the Windows Phone 8 dev tools, if your still on Windows 7, no go....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon