Ever taken unbranded WP8 on ATT or other carrier in US?

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone here ever picked up an unbranded WP8 internationally and then used on ATT? Is tethering locked down? Are you able to use data sense on ATT?

Thanks!

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Unbranded means there is no carrier to interfere with your updates and usage. Therefore, every feature added in GDR2 should work on these devices, unless MS pulls a stupid trick.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks--but can you use internet sharing on ATT or does it say locked down?
Thanks!
stef

AT&T Internet Sharing is pretty much locked down since they Control It, it will work for a few minutes, then will get shutdown by AT&T, you will get a message telling you to pay for It.

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Internet Sharing is pretty much locked down since they Control It, it will work for a few minutes, then will get shutdown by AT&T, you will get a message telling you to pay for It.

Thanks! Super helpful! My concern is really about whether buying the ATT phone is going to mess me up if i move back to Canada and use on Rogers, etc. Obviously, would prefer buying the ATT phone now from MSFT as cheaper, comes with the camera grip, etc...but just concerned about whether them locking this phone down will be problematic down the line.

Also, if I travel and am roaming from ATT but on a different provider, will this still be an issue.

I want this phone so bad--but will likely hold off for now :(

best,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon