Help needed! Debating whether to switch to WP

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
@m3kk, I'll ignore your post since you are just trolling. For only someone who has OCD, Lags can be very irritating otherwise it just becomes normal as you use it.

So folks... Remember there's no option to turn off toasts on WP.. Neither file Manager. No option to attach docs other than photos right from your Mail App. This is one of the drawbacks of WP8.
U can email docs thru the office hub

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes but if you start composing your mail midway and you want to attach that doc, you cant. Basically, there's should be all options provided from the mail app but its not possible.
yes options should be there, but since you know you have to go through the office hub, do it that way. Attach the file through the office hub and then type out what you want. Its not that hard.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
yes options should be there, but since you know you have to go through the office hub, do it that way. Attach the file through the office hub and then type out what you want. Its not that hard.

But one of WP's bragging points is simplicity. This is not simple. It basically amounts to a workaround. And what if I want to send more than one document? Send more emails? How professional does that look?

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The problem is you have first party apps for MS services (like Outlook and Skydrive) and it appears that Google will do anything it can to slow down MS and I believe only anti-trust/government intervention will force Google to put any first party apps (GMail, Maps, Search, etc) on Windows Phone. I think they figure Apple is big enough to keep the anti trust away and they don't want to compete with two major competitors. For people that say app support will eventually catch up I think you have to accept this won't happen and you are basically like the Mac users of the 90s/2000s of accepting the Apple software or not. Windows Phone is now 3 years old and I believe unless they get to 10% that a number of apps will never come to Windows Phone (I'm talking mostly about 3rd party commercial services like banks (especially low resource/local ones like Credit Unions), Finance (Fidelity, etc), Travel (Hotels, Airlines), Sports (especially apps for your local team like Baseball, Football, B-Ball and Hockey). If one of those is important to you then you either accept the limitation or go to iOS or Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720