A Data Sense bug?

Ashish B

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
PLEASE READ SLOWLY! :excited:

Let me explain what happened....

I purchased 150 MB of 3G data with a validity of 3 days. I set the same in Data Sense. Everything worked fine. 3 days passed and I used 135 MB of my limit. As expected, Data Sense showed 'No current data limit specified' on the 4th day. However, I found out that my operator has extended the data validity by 1 day. To check that, I downloaded an app (4 MB). Now, since I had already used 135 + 4 = 139 MB of my data and had 11 MB data still left, I decided to set the same in Data Sense. I chose 1 day as validity and entered 11 MB as available data in the Data Sense app. On clicking done, to my surprise, Data Sense showed me 'You have 7/11 MB remaining.'

To check whether this is really a bug, I cleared my limit in Data Sense and downloaded a 5 MB app from the Store. Now I had 6 MB (150 - 135 + 4 + 5) data actually remaining. I set the same in Data Sense and to my surprise, Data Sense now showed me 'You have exceeded your limit by 3 MB'.

Now, I can think of two possible reasons:

1) Data Sense keeps track of data used without setting a limit in the app and whenever a new limit is set in the app, it apparently deducts 'the total data used without setting a limit in the app' from the limit you set.
2) A bug!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
you do know that whenever a data tracking app is not able to tab into the providers server, it is just blind counting whatever data number that the OS itself recognize. I would not trust it to have precise to the 10th mb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa