NFC Tags - Is windows phone 8 far behind (NFC Technology)

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
From what you guys have shared, i feel 2 points have come up strongly.
1. Security is very important and lets not play with it . Even i don't want my phone to go dead due to security issues. That will be the last thing i should expect from a reputed OS.
2.NFC is a growing technology with tremendous potential for both home and enterprises. Its being pushed by banks too and hence this requires support from great companies like Microsoft,Nokia.
So what are we looking at as best possible solution to this scenario.How can microsoft do something to help us use nfc with best security in place.
i feel the below option is helpful.
Let the confirmation messages be there while scanning tags , but giving an option to enable it as a trusted one ,so that the prompts wont come from then on.
If this is still a security issue, pls share the impacts.If there are more ideas , please share .
Being a windows phone user i really want to use latest techs and implementations rather than waiting for other's to use them and then microsoft following the path.
Currently android is doing it even if it is not so secure. So will microsoft take nfc to the next level and allow effective implementation of nfc tags ?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
We chose what we wanted. Apparently you didn't. It would be great if people would do their research before making a purchase.....
Oh, okay. You chose arbitrary restrictions that you will defend until Microsoft reverses them, then you'll be all for it suddenly. I chose a flawed but exciting platform in my Omnia 7. I stayed with the flawed but exciting with my 8X purchase this year. But sure, I'm an Android user based off a few posts on AndroidCentral. Nice deduction, these 1500 WPCentral ones surely mean nothing. Keep that blindfold on, you poor thing :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, okay. You chose arbitrary restrictions that you will defend until Microsoft reverses them, then you'll be all for it suddenly. I chose a flawed but exciting platform in my Omnia 7. I stayed with the flawed but exciting with my 8X purchase this year. But sure, I'm an Android user based off a few posts on AndroidCentral. Nice deduction, these 1500 WPCentral ones surely mean nothing. Keep that blindfold on, you poor thing :)

Wait a minute. I could have sworn I saw you somewhere else. I'm pretty sure it was in the comments section of another site (The Verge?), and I'm pretty sure he fired out level-headed comments.
He isn't some ******, I can tell you that.

As for NFC, here's a sad part of the story.

As you may or may not know, Nokia has been an avid proponent of NFC.
From the Nokia C7-00 (first phone with NFC?) to shoehorning NFC onto the Lumia 610 to putting NFC into every WP8 Lumia, save for the 52x line, with accessories that have it.

Great. Somewhere along the way, they ended up with Windows Phone. They ended up losing two things:
1. Qt
2. A platform that currently supports NFC to its fullest potential.

I'm just hoping Microsoft implements some of the suggestions in this thread.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wait a minute. I could have sworn I saw you somewhere else. I'm pretty sure it was in the comments section of another site (The Verge?), and I'm pretty sure he fired out level-headed comments.
Thanks, WT. I'm sure there's a reason that he chose to include Angry in his username.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Really? Someone who legitimately stood behind a point for believable reason can argue the facts. He went straight for my credibility. He didn't stop at one baseless assertion, he even felt the need to back it up, following some terribly broken logic that led him to search up my four or so AndroidCentral posts. That's just blind - to people, to logic, to reality. I find it hard to believe that extent of irrationality displayed here could ever come out of a level-headed person.

I'm sure there's a reason that he chose to include Angry in his username.
You, sir, need medical help. (Oh, look how awfully clever that was!)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Really? Someone who legitimately stood behind a point for believable reason can argue the facts. He went straight for my credibility. He didn't stop at one baseless assertion, he even felt the need to back it up, following some terribly broken logic that led him to search up my four or so AndroidCentral posts. That's just blind - to people, to logic, to reality. I find it hard to believe that extent of irrationality displayed here could ever come out of a level-headed person.

You, sir, need medical help. (Oh, look how awfully clever that was!)
Correction - I backed up my assertion that you had lied. As for medical help, I regularly see a chiropractor for the long-term damage to my back that goes back to my days of being a paramedic. Thank you for your concern.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers