Anyone update their phones to 7.8??

jsp79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to the WP7 arena, but happy with my Samsung Focus S. I use it as a media player and not a phone that is connected. I am researching and debating if I want to update my WIN7.5 photo to WIN7.8. I have read bad stories and wanted to ask this foum if any of you have upgraded. I would be interested to know if there any issues or opinions you could give me. I know if upgrading to 7.8 I will not be able to downgrade.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
:excited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to the WP7 arena, but happy with my Samsung Focus S. I use it as a media player and not a phone that is connected. I am researching and debating if I want to update my WIN7.5 photo to WIN7.8. I have read bad stories and wanted to ask this foum if any of you have upgraded. I would be interested to know if there any issues or opinions you could give me. I know if upgrading to 7.8 I will not be able to downgrade.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
:excited:
I've been running 7.8 on my Nokia Lumia 900 since it was first available.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have 7.8 running on my Lumia 800. It's been solid for me so far. Haven't run into any issues. The new tile sizes and the updated music/video tile were nice.

jsp79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys! The updated tile sizing + color themes are what interests me most upgrading to 7.8. A lot of stories I am hearing are battery sync issues where the phone drain fast. Did you notice any issues with battery life? I wish I had a Nokia because I think those phones are pretty slick. Stories I read of upgraded Samsung Focus S (2nd gen) seem to be negative.

I did read a post where a person had issues and had downgraded back to 7.5 from a backup, but I also read one cannot downgrade. Can anyone confirm should if I upgrade to 7.8 and have issues, I could easily revert back to 7.5?

Thanks again!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen much regarding Samsung phones updated to 7.8, so sorry can't really say much about it. With my experience with the 7.8 update on my Lumia 800, battery life was pretty much the same as before the update; which was pretty good. Easily a days use, I'd say around 18hrs.

I can't remember if, after the upgrade, you can revert back to the previous version since it has been a while. Maybe someone else can give you a definitive answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs