Windows Phone 8: Is it still missing something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Its getting closer to 1 year now after launching windows phone 8 and i am sure there would be many wp8 owners out there who should be be feeling very proud about their decision to invest in wp os . Recent updates of microsoft along with nokia amber update have only increased the level of interest in windows phone .
But the reason for starting this thread is to know if windows phone 8 is still lacking any important apps/features that you really love or want so desperately.
In my case i miss the banking app in windows phone 8 but then that's not a deal breaker for me ,just wish it come soon.
Also missing the nfc tags support in wp8 os and i envy the nfc task launcher of android.But again i hope this will be addressed soon by windows .
Other than that i am proud of what wp8 does in every department . Its so unique,fast and beautiful.
Are there any aps/features in other OS that envy you ? Are there any features that you are looking for in the next update?
Do you feel bad about the decision to own wp8 after using it ?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For me? The only thing that I think is really *missing* is VPN support. But... when I've had VPN on my phone I didn't actually use it; I reached for my laptop or (now) tablet instead. So I think I only consider it missing out of habit. :D

What I would like to see - although it's really just a passing fancy - would be a way to switch between "Top Stories" and "Most Recent" sorts on the People hub What's New page when you've got Facebook integrated. That would be cool.

PBV7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Notification center,separate volume controls,good free games coz most of the games free for android and ios are paid...other than that wp8 is fine for me.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Silent profile.
Dropbox.
An app like AirDroid where you can view files from the phone on the PC..
More stability regarding proceses that get stuck and drain battery.
A realtime tiles for clock and battery percentage, not these half an hour ones.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me about that app, gonna install it now, but no, that's not what i meant. I mean an app where you can see everything you have on your phone over Wifi, and copy from phone/to phone, you know, like you've connected it with the cable..

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Separate volume controls
Custom notification sounds
Facebook notifications to work
PNC mobile banking app
Ability to have phone automatically change from ring to vibrate and vice versa based on day and time (work vs. home).

TKhaldi

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
WP is great, but it's still missing a lot of things. This list is just off the top of my head:

-Notification Centre (This HAS to come with GDR3)
-Screen rotation lock. My wrist gets a nasty cramp when I use my Lumia 920 from holding the thing upright while laying down.
-Separate volume controls
-Popular apps on other platforms, such as Candy Crush, native Instagram client, TrueCaller, DropBox (Despite SkyDrive being a much better alternative, though), and tons more.

Windows Phone 8 is getting better with every major update/ app release, but it's far from being *THE* platform that attracts everybody to use it.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, there are bugs to solve of course, but leaving those aside I really miss:

A podcast app that obeys the phone setting and actually saves media to the SD card. Same with all music apps and video apps. I get that the SD card is only for media. Fine. I'd like to use it for that then, please. Still waiting...

A radio app. That is coming I'm told.

A wifi channel scanning app. I still use my old Android phone for this and it's something every WiFi user needs.

The Orange wifi service connection app for the UK.

A bulk email app that can send to groups over 25.

Datasense. It better come with the update. Having no way to measure usage at my end is clearly a con and whoever took the back hander from the carriers needs dealing with.

Samsung's printer app. I bought the printer, so why am I being restricted? I get that Samsung want to keep their apps for their customers, but I bought their printer so I am their customer and every other smartphone owner (all Androids & Apples) can get it. It can only be used for Samsung printers, so it should be available to all Samsung customers, even if we own a Nokia phone.

Worms! Just release Worms on this phone and I'll be smiling for a week.

So, not many holes but some pretty big ones there. I wait patiently for these apps to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05