Do you have random battery drain

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It didn't happen before the hard reset though, that's what is confusing me. I just had general bad battery life before the hard reset, not random drains. The only "new" app that was installed after the reset that I didn't have before was the battery app, which has since been removed.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Maybe do a soft reset so the system 'gets' that the app has been removed, like on PC..

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have really EXTREME battery drains for short periods of time? After a hard reset, my average battery life isn't terrible, but as soon as I get down to around 25% battery, it goes berserk. Before deleting my battery app, I logged over 100%/hr discharge one day. I deleted the battery app and toyed with the Battery Saver option to see if I can find the culprit, to no avail. Basically if I'm below 30% battery, I better find a charger within an hour.
When it does that, does the phone get warm? If the phone gets warm, something is consuming excessive CPU cycles. If the phone does NOT get warm but the battery gauge drops that fast, then I would (like I have for a while) suspect the battery gauge software.

My battery gauge shows 100% when the battery is actually at about 95%. I know this because if I let it continue to charge for a while after it reads 100%, it runs for 5-6 hours and still shows 100%. It may be erroneous at the low end of the range as well. I have never been able to figure out if it is calculating state of charge from voltage or whether it is trying to measure power in / power out. If the latter, the counters can get out of synch with reality after a while. If the phone does not get warm when it "goes berserk", try letting it discharge all the way until it shuts off and see if that resets the gauge.

Paul

Rakeshlumia

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought new 625 phone 2 days back. Im facing huge and huge battery drain..i have not installed yet new apps other than built..still am not understanding why this is happening??

Im suppose to keep charge continuously even at office and even after coming back home..this is really disgusting? Does any one from windows or nokia team is observing the problems what customers are facings? Is this a common problem with all these Crap lumia phones?

What is the use of buying with high end smart phones? I feel android are 100% times ..i just switched to WP and made a blunder mistake?
Will this problem will be rectified or have to face like this all the time until i sell this phone?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought new 625 phone 2 days back. Im facing huge and huge battery drain..i have not installed yet new apps other than built..still am not understanding why this is happening??

Im suppose to keep charge continuously even at office and even after coming back home..this is really disgusting? Does any one from windows or nokia team is observing the problems what customers are facings? Is this a common problem with all these Crap lumia phones?

What is the use of buying with high end smart phones? I feel android are 100% times ..i just switched to WP and made a blunder mistake?
Will this problem will be rectified or have to face like this all the time until i sell this phone?

Use your warranty, see what they say.

When you got the phone, did you first discharge your battery completely and then charge for no less than 16 hours without turning it on again until the 16 hours are over ? If not I think you just damaged your battery.

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

May be you havent configured BackGroundTasks.. check for other threads to save your battery.

Amal VS

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Am using lumia 720. Its just 1.5 month old. On contineous 2G browsing(with uc browser) am hardly getting 5 hours of battery backup.
now my phone is running on amber. The sadest part is , after 2hrs of 2G browsing its shows only 15 hrs of battery backup( no applications running on background)
My phones avg discharge speed without data usage is 5% per hour, Is this normal???

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried taking the battery out the device for 3 hours to check if its not the battery ? (recharge battery full in the device, then take the battery out for a few hours, then put it back in and see what percentage is remaining)

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Update on my part, my battery has improved a lot in the last 2 weeks...the random battery drain is less frequent, but still happens here and there. I've noticed it happens after watching a video on youtube or some other sites, even after the video has stopped and i left the website/killed the app, the battery continues to drain on IDLE at the same rate. The 2 scenarios that happen are i leave the phone for an hour, sometimes it stops on its own eventually...but sometimes it continues discharging at that rate which forces a restart. I am using GDR2 btw.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I will get a lumia when my contract is due but seeing how common this issue is with lumias, really makes me think twice.

Is it just me or does this issue look like it only affects lumias ? Cant remember seeing Samsung or HTC mentioned in this thread.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you killing the tab after watching the video?

that I can't confirm unfortunately, I dont use multiple tabs (single tab kinda guy lol) so probably not. I know what you're pointing at but man, this is absurd. Luckily I love this phone to death and willing to deal with its stupidity lol.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It became a habbit to me now, start doing it (even if just one tab), for convenience, replace the 'refresh/stop" to be a "tabs" button in settings. Start doing that and see if it still drains..

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the 521 and honestly my battery life is stellar. A couple of times I have had that little notification pop up about xx% left in 20 minutes but that was due to me using the turn by turn navigation on a 150 mole trip. That or some application was opened in the background.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Had it today, first time since i got the gdr3 preview. Grossly dissapointed :( .
Full charge and and within 2 hours battery was at 60 % ! . I was whatsapping and browsing the web on uc browser during that time for roughly 40 min.Opened up battery sense to find out drainage was 27.9% / hour. Gave my 920 a restart. Now its at 5.7%/hour but i am not doing anything.
Battery performance overall has improved significantly since the gdr3 update though .

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Had it happen on Saturday, first one in a long time. Took it off charger 100% at 11am, left it by itself not using it at all, decided to check on it at 4pm, the phone was drained to shut down point. I had wifi on, NFC off, location services on, glance and double tap to wake off. Background tasks only 6tag, Chronos Calendar, Weather Flow, Whatsapp running in the background, explorer tabs all killed. I have no battery apps as I find them to be the problem most of the time. I know some people think it's Weather Flow, but I've had that app for about a year and tested around it, pretty sure that's not the problem. Running L920 GDR2 on Rogers.

This issue is very interesting and frustrating, would be good if MS/Nokia fixed this or at least provided us with tools to track the cause. Essentially this and the lack of separate sound profiles are my biggest problems with the platform. Fingers crossed for 8.1 to fix this!

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes I faced this problem.
Dunno what's wrong, I already do recalibrate battery, soft reset.
This problem come after amber update and since then my battery became draining faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs