No double tap to wake on 620 and 720

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
-_-

Again FM radio was not part of the feature set till GDR2 was announced so making in mandatory for manufacturers before hand was not needed

And who said that FM Radio was not an expected feature. During the launch of WP8 last year, Microsoft said they didn't have the time to include FM Radio and Notification features in the OS as they didn't have time.
It's Nokia's fault to have missed Microsoft's statement and deliberately removed the FM chip to save on cost.
Search the internet for Windows Phone 8 launch news and you'll find it.
This link is an example.
WindowsMania.pl also has a thread on this.
Now, Nokia would definitely have known about this, yet they blindly ignored it.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still... I don't understand why 920 can have it but 720 not. Both of them use the same IPS LCD technology and I don't think the battery or any harwdare limitation will be a problem.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Really? You have it on 620? So there is still hope for 720 owners? :)

I read it on conversations.nokia.com this:
"Many features, like ?double tap to wake up the phone?, require certain hardware specifications to be available on the phone. Not all of the Lumia Amber features are compatible with all Lumia phones. For these reasons, the ?double tap to wake up the phone? feature is not supported on Lumia 720, Lumia 720T, Lumia 625, Lumia 620, Lumia 521, Lumia 520, or Lumia 520T. ?Flip to silence? on the other hand is available to all Lumia Windows Phone 8 phones so you can just mute an incoming call alert by turning the phone face down."

So you shouldn't have it :)

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i have amber on my 620, there is no double tap.
why is everyone so interested in that stupid feature? THERE IS A HARDWARE BUTTON. its quite easy to press it...!

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
For me it is a useful feature. Let me give you a detailed image: at work I am on my desk all day, I keep my phone in front of me on its back, between keyboard and myself. Right hand is holding and clicking the mouse. It will be nice to check my phone with just a touch of a finger.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe there are some scenarios where its useful to have. But its not a MUST HAVE. So why people start crying or give back their phones, i dont understand...!

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I fully agree with you here. As for me I said it will be nice not a must so you don't have to call the whambulance :).

kurnia eka

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Maybe too subtle? I think your sig speaks for you in this case. Anyway... I've found double tap to be unreliable at best, battery draining maybe. Can't say since I turned it off after an hour. The way I hold my phone... easier to just press that button on the side. Only real annoyance is not including FM radio on some of the phones. WP7 mandated FM, but WP8 did not. Not a massive lose, but a lose.

i use lumia 720 for almost 2 month and the power button has sinking too often use it. Nokia said go to NCC wasting your time waiting,

now which one you prefer has alternate double tap or goes with the button only.

I would go for lumia 820 if knew this would happen

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 with double tap to wake activated but it only works (less than) half the time. Pretty frustrating, on the verge of disabling it.

My digitizer's fine, there's nothing wrong with my phone, but somehow the feature just doesn't like me ?_?

Sami Loumachi

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Because they are cheap,ther are no problem with the hardware,the problem is Nokia realize some futures and apps only for those expensive phones,and the third part will can t make an app such this because Nokia realize this app for the system and the third part app can't controle the phone will the phone is in sleep mode or the app is closed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss