Most useless Double Wide Tile?

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So as you know Windows Phone 8 brought the ability to have double wide tiles to your start screen. That being said, its all a matter of what a developer decides to do with the information displayed and honestly some double wide tiles are completely redundant or useless. What in your opinion is the most useless double wide tile implementation you have seen?

Personally my vote goes to the phone tile. Regardless of size, the tile shows you if you have missed calls and whether you have a voicemail. You get no additional information from the double wide implementation at all. Its the reason why I have it set as the smallest tile. What's say you?

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Apps like Amazing weather HD, Weather Flow etc make good use of the double wide tile by displaying the weather forecasts on hourly or daily basis. So the implementation of double wide tile is helpful but i don't prefer many double wide tiles as i prefer having most of my apps in the start without swiping down.
So my top 4.5 inch start area will mostly contain small tiles which is then followed by medium and large tiles for weather,score updates,photos,rooms,groups etc.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I only use one d-w tile for upcoming appointments with True Calendar 8. I used to have one for WPCentral too, but that's not so much useful... In some concepts the d-w tiles have extended functionality, e. g. for music control, maybe that is something WP needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans