Create Folders On Your Home Screen Easily on Your Lumia Phone.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Does this really work??? It won't do anything to my phone??? Just asking you know... :smile:

Go ahead my friend :) we are not playing with flash or ROM. its just a gltch on microsoft server and we are utilizing it :p
Later and sooner same apps will be availabel for you. This is just Trailer :D

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Go ahead my friend :) we are not playing with flash or ROM. its just a gltch on microsoft server and we are utilizing it :p

I can second this statement....everything is fine to proceed

Just remember to remove the proxy from Wifi after you're done :cool:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

It's a hack that you can bet Microsoft is watching and will probably patch sometime soon, not only that but they will remove the apps you aren't supposed to have from your phone.

"Later and sooner" those apps will never be available for other manufacturers devices, they are manufacturer specific and are what differentiate one manufacturer from the next.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
It's a hack that you can bet Microsoft is watching and will probably patch sometime soon, not only that but they will remove the apps you aren't supposed to have from your phone.

I doubt time and efforts will be spent to remove a single, non-harmful app from a select number of consumer phones. They really dont have a major concern because once the phone gets another update im sure the app will be gone as it cant re-install.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I doubt time and efforts will be spent to remove a single, non-harmful app from a select number of consumer phones. They really dont have a major concern because once the phone gets another update im sure the app will be gone as it cant re-install.

Really, don't count on Microsoft doing nothing. If they wanted to they could use the kill switch and ban accounts for terms of use violations.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Really, don't count on Microsoft doing nothing. If they wanted to they could use the kill switch and ban accounts for terms of use violations.

I guess thats true, if they really wanted to they COULD...but are they willing to lose a dedicated consumer to Apple/Android over a free app that will probably come in the future?...If so then by all means. LOL.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess thats true, if they really wanted to they COULD...but are they willing to lose a dedicated consumer to Apple/Android over a free app that will probably come in the future?...If so then by all means. LOL.

The problem is that those apps being accessed are not for use on other manufacturers devices i.e. Nokia Pro Cam. Those apps will NEVER be available on devices from other manufacturers.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that those apps being accessed are not for use on other manufacturers devices i.e. Nokia Pro Cam. Those apps will NEVER be available on devices from other manufacturers.

much like my statement of them coming later, your comment about them NEVER coming is a assumption. I can see you're an ATIV S user and seem to be very heart broken about this, taking it very personally...although i dont understand why, if Samsung users found a way to get Nokia specific apps on their devices kudos to them...i feel no need to get bent over it.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
To bad I don't have my Lumia. (Once again at service).
If one changes region as a Xbox Music users, don't DRM protection kick in? I had to hard reset after changing time several times once.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
much like my statement of them coming later, your comment about them NEVER coming is a assumption. I can see you're an ATIV S user and seem to be very heart broken about this, taking it very personally...although i dont understand why, if Samsung users found a way to get Nokia specific apps on their devices kudos to them...i feel no need to get bent over it.

Those apps are there to distinguish one manufacturers device from another, if I was supposed to have access to the Nokia Collection then it would show up in the Store. As it is that section doesn't show up on my device so I'm not supposed to have access to those apps.

If my comment about them NEVER coming is an assumption then tell me, when is Nokia Storage Check coming to the ATIV S?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of people saying stupid stuff like Microsoft is gonna remove the app, they cannot remove apps from our devices, why do you think when apps are removed from store people still have them? They can't do it because of the software and legal because we never gave them the right to invade our privacy.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Just checked and its not in the list. Now i did find one called "App Folder". I don't know that its there normally. Once you do as the OP said, search for App Folder. Seems to doing the trick. I created one called Social and put a few of my social apps in. Once you click the check, it puts the folder on the desktop.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Just checked and its not in the list. Now i did find one called "App Folder". I don't know that its there normally. Once you do as the OP said, search for App Folder. Seems to doing the trick. I created one called Social and put a few of my social apps in. Once you click the check, it puts the folder on the desktop.

Sounds like a neat app than can unclutter a phone with a lot of tiles.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a neat app than can unclutter a phone with a lot of tiles.

You can set it to double wide too. I plan to put my driving and fuel apps in a tile. They don't seem to launch as instantly as they do outside the folder but they launch in a reasonable speed. I'll put it through its paces and see how it goes.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I was able to download all the HTC apps. Pretty neat. The folder app is pretty slow.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Jump Jet

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

How many of you know that we can create actual folders on our lumia devices?? Well its officially not declared yet and they are still working on this i guess, but i found this trick yesterday and got this application to create folders on my Lumia 820. This app is from samsung But i will tell you how to install it on your lumia device. please follow the instructions bellow.

The only thing you need to do is connect to a wifi network and enable proxy for that wifi connection. Please follow instructions bellow.

1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection' - now you will see "App Folder" application - Download it and enjoy :D check screenshots.

can i know your weather apps ?

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
TBH after customizing my screen into sections by headers "ie: Home / Games / Photos" I don't need much need of a folder app.
Everything works well with Tiles it's pretty amazing.

But it was very useful to create one folder for apps like Photo editors and Shortcuts. Great share, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786