Amber update "available" but nowhere to be found?

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia site has said for almost a week now that my device has amber available. However when I go to update it says my phone is up to date. Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening? Anybody in a similar situation?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What model of phone do you have and what country & network does it belong to? You can find this information by going to settings > about and read what it says next to carrier under phone information.

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is no carrier section under "about" and I thinks that's because we don't lock phones to carriers in New Zealand. But the model is RM-825 (Lumia 820)

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There is no carrier section under "about" and I thinks that's because we don't lock phones to carriers in New Zealand. But the model is RM-825 (Lumia 820)

Did you buy your phone directly from Vodafone or Telekom? If not, then your device doesn't have the update available

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I purchased it second hand from a site similar to eBay. It had a European plug of some sort in the box. I assumed because it has been set up as a new Zealand phone it would update like one? Does this mean I have to change my time&locale to the correct one matching the phone to get the update? I though RM-825 was a global variant.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I purchased it second hand from a site similar to eBay. It had a European plug of some sort in the box. I assumed because it has been set up as a new Zealand phone it would update like one? Does this mean I have to change my time&locale to the correct one matching the phone to get the update? I though RM-825 was a global variant.

The RM 825 is the global variant but the update is dependent on the phones product code which identifies which region and/or network it belongs to. You mention that the phone came with a European type plug (two pin for most of Europe and three pin for the UK) so you will need to wait for the update to hit whatever country the phone was originally intended for. But, because it doesn't say anything under Carrier I have no idea what region the phone belongs to. You could try doing a Google search for the phones product code or IMEI number to see if you can find out which country the phone belongs to.

rotiv85

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, I though my lumia 820 was from chipre, but the amber is available in that country but not for my phone. I dont know what is the origin country but in the about under Mobile Operator appears: 000-DE maybe DE represents German..where the update is Coming soon.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, I though my lumia 820 was from chipre, but the amber is available in that country but not for my phone. I dont know what is the origin country but in the about under Mobile Operator appears: 000-DE maybe DE represents German..where the update is Coming soon.

Yep, DE is the code for Germany

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The RM 825 is the global variant but the update is dependent on the phones product code which identifies which region and/or network it belongs to. You mention that the phone came with a European type plug (two pin for most of Europe and three pin for the UK) so you will need to wait for the update to hit whatever country the phone was originally intended for. But, because it doesn't say anything under Carrier I have no idea what region the phone belongs to. You could try doing a Google search for the phones product code or IMEI number to see if you can find out which country the phone belongs to.

Thanks for you comprehensive advice. Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs