Wi-Fi problems after GDR-2 update

blegs38552

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Since updating to GDR-2 on my Lumia 521, I had seen some strange occurrences regarding WI-Fi.

1. When I start my phone, WI-Fi Calling is not always displayed on my Phone live tile. Instead it shows T-Mobile, and I only have 2 bars on the status line.
  2. When I look at my Battery app, it shows that WI-Fi is "off" even though I see the WI-Fi symbol on the status line at the top of the screen. When I click on the WI-Fi button, it takes me the the Settings...WI-Fi screen, which shows the WI-Fi as turned on, and connected to my home network.

I have found that if I proceed to turn WI-Fi off and back on from the Settings screen, WI-Fi calling shows on the Phone tile, and the Battery app now shows WI-Fi as "on".

I should not have to go through this procedure every time I start my phone, which is every morning. Is anyone else having the same experience? Does anyone know if Microsoft/Nokia is working on a fix for this?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
When you mean start your phone, has in wake it up from lockscreen or been turned off and you are turn it back on.

1: WifiCalling sometimes take a few minutes before it start working, what mode are you set to Wifi Preferred, Cellular Only, Wifi Only ?

2: Battery app well that is really not a issue with phone, but, with app itself and how it detects your network.

Do you have the option to keep wifi alive when screen times out turned on.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When you mean start your phone, has in wake it up from lockscreen or been turned off and you are turn it back on.

1: WifiCalling sometimes take a few minutes before it start working, what mode are you set to Wifi Preferred, Cellular Only, Wifi Only ?

2: Battery app well that is really not a issue with phone, but, with app itself and how it detects your network.

Do you have the option to keep wifi alive when screen times out turned on.

I am set to Wi-Fi Preferred in the Wi-Fi Calling app.

I have the option to Keep Wi-Fi on and the option is checked in my Wi-Fi Settings.

As for the Battery app, it may be the app's problem. I will try to identify and contact the developer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon