separate password for kids corner

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I thought of trying to use kids corner to restrict access on my phone. But then I noticed an annoying issue. I can not put any separate password for it. If this feature also becomes available, then I think it can compensate for the absence of selective app locking.
just a thought

What I was trying to say is that by having seperate password for kid corner, we could have a sort of a guest account on the phone.

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
having a password on kid's corner is pointless, what if you forget the password and your lockscreen password. Then what a soft reset or hard reset is required.

you can set up kid corner the way you want, and then set a lockscreen password to ask everytime . When you leave kid's corner it will ask for password.

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
My point is that if you want that some of your apps should not be accessible to people, then you can put the other apps in kids corner. But in the current situation, the person will need to have the password to unlock kids corner and with the same password, he can easily unlock the phone also. What I am saying is that with separate passwords, kids corner can be used for adults also so to speak.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
having a password on kid's corner is pointless, what if you forget the password and your lockscreen password. Then what a soft reset or hard reset is required.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you forget your passwords, you shouldn't be able to get into the device. That's the point, and it's the same whether there's one, two, or more passwords.

I'm unable to find an unlock option on windowsphone.com though, which is stupid. You should be allowed to unlock the device once you're authenticated through your Microsoft account details.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess there are two different philosophies around Kid’s Corner and passwords.
1. The way it is now, I still have to give my kid permission to use my phone by unlocking Kids Corner for them.

2. What some of you are asking for is a separate PIN for Kid’s Corner from the standard phone PIN. With this method my kid can grab my phone without me knowing and play games.

Personally I’m ok with the current option #1, but can see a need for option #2 as well.

Kid’s Corner is borked anyway since once inside you have full access to the camera roll. You may or may not want your kids/guest seeing your pictures….

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb