Ways to change my country variant? [L620]

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello WPCentral,

Is there a way that I can change my Carrier/Country Variant from CV Malaysia to Philippines?

Thank you so much to those who are willing to answer :)

God Bless.

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello eroselim,

Yes you can.

My l620 is from russia (cv eu ru) and I follow 10 days ago this tutorial. My l620 changed product code after that and have full functionality - MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS SIMFREE before trying that.
JFYI: NSU for retail will go crazy after you do that cause hardware product code don't match software product code.

Then yesterday I saw that amber update is available to download through NCS and I did it all over again but back to original product code. Try similar steps in NCS to download firmware for RM-846 but you must know exactly product code you are after. :sweaty:

Good Luck!

p.s.-Your phone will be full wiped after process except sim card and sd card.

Last edited:

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello eroselim,

Yes you can.

My l620 is from russia (cv eu ru) and I follow 10 days ago this tutorial. My l620 changed product code after that and have full functionality - MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS SIMFREE before trying that.
JFYI: NSU for retail will go crazy after you do that cause hardware product code don't match software product code.

Then yesterday I saw that amber update is available to download through NCS and I did it all over again but back to original product code. Try similar steps in NCS to download firmware for RM-846 but you must know exactly product code you are after. :sweaty:

Good Luck!

p.s.-Your phone will be full wiped after process except sim card and sd card.

Thank you for that quick reply. Here are my questions so far, if you don't mind answering me.

-) What is SIMFREE by the way?
-) Are there any disadvantages if NSU Go crazy because of hardware PC differentiate from software PC?
-) If I change my Carrier/Country Variant to another country, will my current country be able to receive the OTA if there are some? (i.e from Malaysia to Philippines, will I Receive the OTA updates of Philippines?)
-) How did you change back to the original product code?

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
You are welcome, bro.

Answers:
1. SIMFREE a.k.a. Network Carrier Unlocked (means any sim from any carrier or country phone can start-up and use it)
2. There is no disadvantages except you cannot use NSU then, you can use only NCS in offline mode. (when I switch back to my original PC I checked again in NSU and everything is fine again)
3. Honestly, I don't know... you have to ask someone else for that. Probably yes in my oppinion.
4. Well, as I said before you need to know your original PC and in NCS when you manually start "firmware download" it ask for series number (RM-846 is l620), then ask for PC... I put it (059R4L6) and when NCS checked it, it was available to download, checked additional files and download it... Next, follow instructions from the link I gave before (everything the same except choosing firmware I just downloaded). Finished.

Did I mention that it was and now is gdr2+amber too? :smile:

Last edited:

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh, yes... another thing. WARRANTY.

When I started all those flashing firmware doings I didn't have warranty on my phone and if something goes wrong I ACCEPTED all RISK.

So, if you have warranty just think twice or more times before doing anything. :sweaty:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb