windows phone 7.8 features

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
is there any chance where Microsoft is going to care and support there windows 7.8 phones at least over its phone settings. ?
even for the basic settings such as call blocking, equalisers etc. ? the phone doesn't require any dual core hardware to run those function's..
& Nokia is also doing the same these days, when they could provide its cinema graph apps over there WP 7.8 platform why doesn't it provide other basic settings over the windows phone 7.8 devices..
why cant they provide the basic settings of WP 8 on WP 7.8 ? :unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Developers are still making apps for Windows Phone 7.x , I am not sure why Nokia and Microsoft are not making improvements in 7.8.

Maybe it is due to the older architecture underneath I am just speculating. But I had to sell off my Lumia 800 early this year for I was scared the support might be worse (I was right).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
At this point, 7.8 is pretty much going to be updated for security reasons only. MS has A LOT to do with WP8 and needs to focus on it rather than work on an OS that will not get any new phones.

I understand why you would want more, but everyone's focus is on WP8, and rightly so.

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
the architecture might be an issue but providing the basic functionalities might not be an issue for the company and Microsoft itself declared that they are just concentrating on their expansion of there eco-system, but without providing a proper support to there customers and trying to build a better eco-system might not work easily.

IOS is still supporting even its older generations but Microsoft isn't keen is providing a proper support to the users.
:unhappy::unhappy:

they have to react and provide a better support for the users rather than leaving them behind.

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
focusing on WP8 might be a good action for the company but leaving its WP 7.8 os behind could be a bad reputation for the company and providing few settings might not break any time in there focus over WP8..

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
the architecture might be an issue but providing the basic functionalities might not be an issue for the company and Microsoft itself declared that they are just concentrating on their expansion of there eco-system, but without providing a proper support to there customers and trying to build a better eco-system might not work easily.

IOS is still supporting even its older generations but Microsoft isn't keen is providing a proper support to the users.
:unhappy::unhappy:

they have to react and provide a better support for the users rather than leaving them behind.

It isn't like iOS WP7 and WP8 are entirely different kernals. That means they had to rebuild WP. Also, MS is working on the ecosystem, which included WP8, RT and Windows 8. I know you don't want to hear it but 7.8 is the past. They still work great, but don't expect WP7 phones to get more features. We have known about this for some time now.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The Windows Phone 8 ecosystem is going to be great when it's time to upgrade from my Nokia Lumia 710 running 7.8; but I have no plans to upgrade for at least 2 years. This phone is rock solid.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Considering WP8 has backward compatibility with WP7.x apps, I don't see why there couldn't be further development. I can understand core OS-specifics like lockscreens and such, but 7.8 even brought OPP profile to the bluetooth stack. Being Windows CE-based, I don't subscribe to the "WP7 is dead" philosophy.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Considering WP8 has backward compatibility with WP7.x apps, I don't see why there couldn't be further development. I can understand core OS-specifics like lockscreens and such, but 7.8 even brought OPP profile to the bluetooth stack. Being Windows CE-based, I don't subscribe to the "WP7 is dead" philosophy.

Do you actually expect feature updates?

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The backup functions, the lock screen quick status, bluetooth, data sense, equilisers, call blocking etc., they could have included these general settings and could have relaeased a genral update for 7.8 which could help out the users...
The os isnt too old to create problem in including the basis settings...

Its just they arent havin a proper focus on there perious versions.. Unlike the other companies in the market

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i dont expect anything else for wp7.x feature wise since not all phones were "legally" updated to 7.8. If i didnt do it manually i would be stuck on 7720. If they cant have all phones on the same os much cant be expected. I think they jumped the gun with wp8. I havent tried it myself but wp7 was left as a work in progress and it seems that their ideas are way ahead of what they can actually put out there for the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb