pop3 emails on wp8-help

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i setup my fathers new 925 with his work pop3 account. the process was quite easy and it brought an initial 180 or so mails onto his phone which was fine. however a few minutes later he was using his computer to check his email, and then all of a sudden only 2 emails remained on the phone. i cannot find any settings which would help me sort this out. When i searched for windows phone and pop3 online, it said that deleting some emails on your phone results in their deletion from the server. I am not quite sure of what has happened? can someone who knows about this please help me

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Are all of the emails still showing up on his computer? Is it just the phone where they are missing?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This might be a pain, but I'd suggest deleting the account on the phone. Turning the phone off, then back on. Then recreate the mail account on the phone and see if it still does it.

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This might be a pain, but I'd suggest deleting the account on the phone. Turning the phone off, then back on. Then recreate the mail account on the phone and see if it still does it.
it wont be too hard, setting it up wasnt so bad. just scared of him losing mail because he runs his own business and i dont want them going off his server.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
By chance is he looking at the unread mail or all. When you open up the mail on the phone is has all, but scroll to the right and it's unread. Is it the same on both on his phone?

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
he is looking at all. could it be something to do with the windows live mail settings?

Sounds like the mail is being deleted from the server when downloaded on the computer. Sign into live mail, go to settings and set it to keep on the server instead of deleting. Than, he should be able to access from multiple clients or redownload if accidentally deleted from one. Also, you may want to go into the settings in whichever client he uses on the computer and set it to keep messages on the server.

Sorry, I reread your initial post and see that it's a work account. You/he will have to go into settings on that account and change for not deleting. If you don't have the access to do so than he'll have to talk to someone at work who has the access. I'd imagine that the option should be available for you though, but each company has their own policies. And, as I mentioned above, clients tend to have their own settings for deleting on download or downloading a copy. If on webmail than the setting will have to be changed through the server policies.

Last edited:

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i cannot seem to find any setting in windows live mail that will not delete mails from the server after reading them, iv checked almost everything. getting access to everything not an issue.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
i cannot seem to find any setting in windows live mail that will not delete mails from the server after reading them, iv checked almost everything. getting access to everything not an issue.

When you log into the live account, go to: Settings>More mail settings>Pop and deleting downloaded messages>Don't let another program delete messages from Outlook.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa