Tap to off screen instead of pressing power button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumia925

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, anyone come across any apps that able to do that? I just have a feeling that the power button will be the first thing to break up after several months of using.

Lumia925

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Wake up screen is good, what i mean for the thread here is another way to off the screen instead of pressing power button (not wake).

I mean is there any apps that i just tap on it and the phone screen will off or pop up the lock screen instead of i need to press the power button.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, anyone come across any apps that able to do that? I just have a feeling that the power button will be the first thing to break up after several months of using.

So, it's not broken? I would just use it normally. Don't press it too hard. I've never had a power button go bad on any of my phones. From what I hear, Nokia has some pretty good build quality. I wouldn't worry about it, that button will probably last much past your next upgrade :)

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found a way. Android has many apps that do this. I use them on all my androids. Even my g2 which has tap on and tap off built in.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
if you already wakeup your device with your power button, and looking for a way to lock it without it. its the exact equivalent of turning on the device with the double tap and closing it with the power button. which is 50% usage reduction.

now if you already wake up the device with a double tap, and want to close it without the power button. i don't think that's possible. but as said previously, you can still let your device timeout.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
if you already wakeup your device with your power button, and looking for a way to lock it without it. its the exact equivalent of turning on the device with the double tap and closing it with the power button. which is 50% usage reduction.

now if you already wake up the device with a double tap, and want to close it without the power button. i don't think that's possible. but as said previously, you can still let your device timeout.

I double tap to wake and i let it time out to lock if I'm not putting it in my pocket. If i am putting it in my pocket i use the power button, gently, to lock. I use the power button as little as possible.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm amazed at all the concern about a button failing. I've never had any button on any of the cellular devices that I've had over the last 20 years (wow, it really has been that long). All this worry about something with such a low probability of happneing is unbelievable.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How is the phone to differentiate between you tapping the phone to turn the screen off vs. tapping on it to select a tile/app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos