09-03-2013 08:54 AM
35 12
tools
    I'm not sure anymore, it seems you can't breathe at the same time as looking at the screen with this damn OS. I'm tired of figuring out what's going on. This is just stupid now. I've kept Battery Sense cause it alerts you when the drain happens, but i can't hear it at night, when the most of my random discharges happen.
    09-02-2013 06:32 AM
    Does the battery monitor apps really help to monitor the battery or they are draining the battery more instead? I really have doubts about all these battery apps. In the first place, they are already listed as background apps and this will sure to add to the load of the battery even if it is only 30mins intervals, no?
    Your are correct, of course. But it isn't a major power player like wifi or GPS. Without a battery app, your only other option would be to make changes, charge fully, unplug, and wait for the battery to depete all while on standby. The apps monitor continously. Make a two minute phone call and the graph will show a downturn.
    09-02-2013 06:33 AM
    Your are correct, of course. But it isn't a major power player like wifi or GPS. Without a battery app, your only other option would be to make changes, charge fully, unplug, and wait for the battery to depete all while on standby. The apps monitor continously. Make a two minute phone call and the graph will show a downturn.
    I think is really up to individuals. For myself, I prefer not to stress myself by monitoring the battery level so much. The battery level info from the Setting page is more than enough to know how much standby power left for me to use. Should you are concerned, turn on the power saving mode and it will warn you when reaching 30%? I will not allow the battery to get depleted totally as it will actually hurt the battery more.
    09-02-2013 08:13 AM
    I also only use the battery level in the settings menu
    09-02-2013 09:02 AM
    Sorry, you won't convince me there is a wrong way to use my phone.
    Convincing you about reality is not important to me.
    09-02-2013 09:06 AM
    I just gave Glance (peek) a chance this weekend. Non-monitored consumption appeared pretty much the same in regular use.

Now, with it turned on, I charged it, then left it with both wifi and mobile data off. This was late at night. Then the next morning I had 81% battery.
    This hadn't never happened to me without Glance on.

I turned it off again and I set the brightness to Low which is actually a lot more brighter than I had thought, so it's fine for me.
    09-02-2013 10:54 AM
    I will not allow the battery to get depleted totally as it will actually hurt the battery more.
    Not true. In fact, going to zero helps the thing. A nicad, NMH, or lithion battery without a controlling chip can actually go negative discharge slightly. I.e., the polarity reverses. But with the chip like all lithions HAVE to have, they will never get to that point. Lithions have to have a chip because they cannot be trusted, I'll call it, with either constant voltage or constant current charges, like everything before them.

In fact, when I've done a "drain to zero" I let the phone sit five minutes, off, and turn it on again. Just like your almost dead car battery finding a few more cranks after resting, so will your lithion. When it shuts off this time, charge it up. Rinse, lather, repeat two more times.
    09-02-2013 04:42 PM
    Not true. In fact, going to zero helps the thing. A nicad, NMH, or lithion battery without a controlling chip can actually go negative discharge slightly. I.e., the polarity reverses. But with the chip like all lithions HAVE to have, they will never get to that point. Lithions have to have a chip because they cannot be trusted, I'll call it, with either constant voltage or constant current charges, like everything before them.

In fact, when I've done a "drain to zero" I let the phone sit five minutes, off, and turn it on again. Just like your almost dead car battery finding a few more cranks after resting, so will your lithion. When it shuts off this time, charge it up. Rinse, lather, repeat two more times.
    That is sooo wrong! Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer batteries cannot be drained to zero charge, and should never be. This will damage the battery. Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries are best recharged before they get below about 25%-30% of their charge capacity. So when your phone automatically switches itself off because the battery is low, you should NEVER switch it on again to force that little bit of charge out. IT WILL DAMAGE YOU BATTERY.

Please get your facts straight before telling people to do things that will damage their phones.
    09-02-2013 07:12 PM
    That is sooo wrong! Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer batteries cannot be drained to zero charge, and should never be. This will damage the battery. Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries are best recharged before they get below about 25%-30% of their charge capacity. So when your phone automatically switches itself off because the battery is low, you should NEVER switch it on again to force that little bit of charge out. IT WILL DAMAGE YOU BATTERY.

Please get your facts straight before telling people to do things that will damage their phones.
    this
    09-02-2013 07:55 PM

It's only wrong if there is no controller chip in the system! And every lithion has a controller chip for the reasons I've said. And please don't tell me that all my laptop and cell phone batteries have been destroyed. Quite the opposite. Nothing like real world experience vs. nattering nabobs of negativity. (Thank you Spiro Agnew.) Every nicad, NMH, and lithion battery that I've put this drill on has gained capacity. Not exactly destroying them, is it?
    09-03-2013 08:54 AM
35 12