Text backup not backing up properly

CardboardDoom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me out here. I was having some problems with my Lumia 920 and had to get a replacement from AT&T. I just got the phone in the mail yesterday and have been trying to set it up. For some reason the text backup isn't working right. There's a lot of texts on my old phone that's still on there, but aren't backing up to my live account or my new phone. I've tried deleting the existing backup and doing a new one, turning text backup off and on and no luck. Anyone know how to fix this?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me out here. I was having some problems with my Lumia 920 and had to get a replacement from AT&T. I just got the phone in the mail yesterday and have been trying to set it up. For some reason the text backup isn't working right. There's a lot of texts on my old phone that's still on there, but aren't backing up to my live account or my new phone. I've tried deleting the existing backup and doing a new one, turning text backup off and on and no luck. Anyone know how to fix this?

so you still have both phones? I only tried it with the same phone after flashing it, and it worked when I disabled and enabled the backup function a few minutes before flashing. maybe you should try that too, first re-enable the backup and then restore from it on the other phone.

CardboardDoom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So after trying more stuff on the phones and looking around seems like this is a problem with a lot of people. My texts stopped syncing a few months ago to my live account. The only was I can get my account to sync is if I turn off text backups, which doesn't solve my problem at all. I'm getting the error code 80c805e2

WinnerByRNC

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you had any luck with this? Everything other than my text messages are backing up. Seems like SMS have stopped syncing about a year ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro