"Me" Tile and People Hub photos not updating

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
After i did an update picture from my ME tile to ALL my accounts, it updated my ME tile pic correctly. Very Weird.

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Same problem after removing Facebook from settings and re-adding and also even unlinked and re-linked hotmail and FB contacts in the hub... very irritating.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Same problem after removing Facebook from settings and re-adding and also even unlinked and re-linked hotmail and FB contacts in the hub... very irritating.

TTry this:

Delete the stuck ME tile picture from your profile pictures ffolder on FB

Go to ME tile, edit, pick new picture and push out to all possible accounts

Sync all accounts

THis fixed it for me

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I talked to Michelle with MS Support. This is what she said about this issue:

There's a sync issue with Facebook that currently affects Facebook messaging and the timely update of photos and items in the People hub. It seems to only affect those two areas of the phone and is tied to the pairing, sync, and contact of the phone itself, rather than the account.

At this time I do not have that information as our developers and escalation team are looking into the issue with Facebook to track down the root of it. As it's an issue related to server sync and data, it's likely it will be resolved with either an update or on the back end of things and the phone will just need to sync again to begin functioning as normal (which the phone does periodically, so no need for manual sync).

prt_prmr

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So there is no solution??? we will just have to wait???
have tried all the things which I could think of...
facebook contact photos are getting synced in the outlook properly but when it comes to phone it shows some old photo of the contact...
the twitter on the other hand is syncing photos properly its just the problem with the facebook.
so I will just have to wait???

LinkArt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's irritating, esp ppl hub issue, but I'm glad it's not just me experiencing the problem. MS we are waiting for a solution

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not working for me, either. I contacted Nokia and Windows Phone support through Twitter and they responded with some suggestions, but neither seemed to know that this was an outstanding issue.

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I am also having the same problem the me picture does change but then reverts back to the old picture after about 10 mins

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
All I did to correct this issue was log in on the PC, go to my albums and change my profile pic from there and it corrected. I think it has something to do with fb still having your last pic set as the albums thumbnail.

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not working for me, either. I contacted Nokia and Windows Phone support through Twitter and they responded with some suggestions, but neither seemed to know that this was an outstanding issue.

I received a response from MS Support, here's what I added to the other thread...

It's an issue with all the contacts in your People hub, not just the Me tile. The picture is set to whatever the cover thumbnail is in their "Profile Pictures" album, rather than the newest picture. Those used to be the same thing, but Facebook must have made a change in the last month so that the cover photo is not updated with the profile photo. I emailed Facebook support about it and unsurprisingly didn't receive a response. Microsoft's Windows Phone twitter account said they were aware of the problem and looking into it.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have not recently changed my "ME" picture, but I can verify that none of my Facebook-linked contacts have had their profile pictures synced to my phone in WEEKS. Before that it worked just fine.

prt_prmr

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So there is no option rather than waiting for MS to find the solution to it...
MS we are waiting pls fix this problem ASAP...

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I fixed this by removing my photo from both Facebook and messenger then adding a new photo messenger and then updating by the me tile on wp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes