Dazed and Confused

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Did I miss something? What happened to installing applications the old-fashioned way? Why do we need "apps" in the same way as phones & ARM-based tablets. For example, everybody complains about the Facebook app missing this or missing that. Why not just use the desktop version via IE? Same with Twitter or whatever else you have.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure this is an answer, but I've found that some of the apps are less resource-intensive than using a browser. For instance, streaming audio in a browser typically requires resource hog Adobe Flash. The various streaming audio apps do not use Adobe Flash.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure this is an answer, but I've found that some of the apps are less resource-intensive than using a browser. For instance, streaming audio in a browser typically requires resource hog Adobe Flash. The various streaming audio apps do not use Adobe Flash.

Thank you. A lucid, well-thought reply which actually makes sense.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Also apps would give you notifications, and you can share in Facebook or twitter, etc easily with share charm. you might not like this and you could use IE, but it doesnt mean other users wouldnt want to get benefit from live tiles and other features from Windows 8.
also its easier to tap or click in an App than type the address in the browser, not hard hard but as i said, opening on a browser wouldnt bring alot of features like live tiles, or even snap would work fine, since the App would adjust the layout for that. because even though immersive IE11 lets you open more instances of it, still the layout wouldnt adjust if you snap it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb