Glance: The obvious notificaton center function

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My old Nokia E73 Symbian 60 would slowly blink around the central control button if there was mail, a phone call not answered, etc. What Nokia called "breathing;" a slow on and slow off.

So, why not in Glance? The time display could dim and un-dim, telling us we need to get to the Start screen to see what's been missed.

No?

PS to Microsoft: I will not claim interest in this other than I WANT YOU TO DO IT!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
IMO having a simple LED would be awesome. It wouldn't consume as much power and can have the option to turn it off when not needed.

Actually it is not Microsoft, but the OEM to put the hardware and include a setting. Nokia have done this in the past and is a pretty darn useful feature. Glance consumes more battery on LCD screens like my 920, I wouldn't want it dim/undim at every notification.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
IMO having a simple LED would be awesome. It wouldn't consume as much power and can have the option to turn it off when not needed.

Actually it is not Microsoft, but the OEM to put the hardware and include a setting. Nokia have done this in the past and is a pretty darn useful feature. Glance consumes more battery on LCD screens like my 920, I wouldn't want it dim/undim at every notification.

My proposal could be done with an app or a firmware change. Adding an LED is a whole 'nuther story. One of my Androids had a red LED, and while better than nothing, it was so tiny as to be questionable.

I'm finding that Glance is not the power hog everyone has been fearing. Now, if I were needing to keep a battery going as long as possible for whatever reason, I'd certainly turn it off. But, charging my phone once a day, it's a non-issue.

What's wrong with Glance dimming and undimming "for every notification."? Better than having to push the power button or ten tap and then move the lockscreen out of the way just to see if you have a new text. Or, just don't use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa