Unable to sync Twitter Contacts in People Hub

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just recently upgraded from my HTC Titan II to a Nokia Lumia 1020. I love the new phone and am new to WP8.

I've been unable to sync my Twitter contacts into the people hub. It works perfectly fine still on my Titan II. I've activated it in the settings, made sure it is synced with my Microsoft Account, deleted the account on the phone and added it back, restarted it.. All to no avail.

I know the accounts are connected properly because I am able to post tweets and view tweets from the me tile and people hub respectively. I'm just unable to see my twitter contacts.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Does anyone now why this is happening and whether not it could be fixed? Please let me know. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to 'Settings' on your people hub and check 'filter my contact list'. They may be hidden but if Twitter was sync successfully, they would show up if you search. You can link Twitter, FB, Skype, etc of your friends.

HTH

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Go to 'Settings' on your people hub and check 'filter my contact list'. They may be hidden but if Twitter was sync successfully, they would show up if you search. You can link Twitter, FB, Skype, etc of your friends.

HTH

Thanks for the response. However, I've already done all that. The problem is that it they do not show up even though the box for twitter is checked.

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I have to do a bump of this post. I am still unable to fix this issue and not having the twitter contacts integrated into my people hub is kind of inconvenient to me. I liked using it to put together lists of my interests on my wp7.5. Also, there are some contacts of my hub that I have only their twitter and phone number or email of and it was much more physically appealing to have a picture beside their name.

So to reiterate the problem, I am unable to have my twitter contacts show up on my people hub although my twitter account is synced properly through both the phone and on my Microsoft account. In addition, I have gone into the settings of the people hub to enable the showing of twitter contacts. In my people hub, I am still able to change the "what's new" part to show my twitter feed. So, I know it works. I have also been able to post to twitter. On the feed in wp7.5, I was able to press on a tweet, and press on the contact to go into their contact info and feed through my people hub. Now, it takes me to the twitter website.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I am on an unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020 from AT&T in Canada with Rogers. Thanks!

ALTork

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
account.live.com
1) Go in to Permissions - Manage other accounts - Twitter. Do not remove connection! Remove first checkbox only (View Twitter contacts...) Save!

wp8
2) Sync! (Update in hotmail). Go in to Mail + Accounts. Under the Twitter account you will see: You have additional options for the account... Tap to account - tap for update (button below)

tnadera

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue since I got my lumia 920, and after loosing hope to make twitter contacts appear in the people hub (as i tried everything I could find on searching for this problem). I FINALLY KNEW THE REASON AND SOLVE IT.
1- Delete twitter account from your phone.
2- Delete twitter app from your phone (you can then reinstall it when the problem solved)
3- Go to the PC and open your live account settings (hotmail) and make sure that twitter account is not added to your microsoft account (automatically it will be removed since you delete it from your phone)
4- open your twitter account from pc and then settings and then apps.
5- deattach any apps that is related to microsoft or windows phone
6- reboot your phone
7- add your twitter account FROM YOUR PHONE in the 'email + accounts' under settings and wait until the sync complete
8- in people hub make sure that twitter contacts is checked in the filter section

Now you will find the contacts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo