How Windows 8 on a smartphone looks

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I made a quick mockup of a Lumia 920 with a Windows Phone 8 start screen in "Windows 8 style" (different coloured tiles, coloured background etcetera). What do you guys think? Who knows, maybe this is what Windows Phone will look like after Microsoft "closes the gap" between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8!

a8WQffq.jpg

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to be mean, but it's looks pretty much like it does now. Which just goes to show how simple and beautiful the design is.

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
He didn't change tile colours, those are Windows 8.1 tiles (which are great imo).

Tbh I would love to be able to change individual tile colours and even a background color would be nice to have. Sure you could argue that it could become a bit messy, but in a personal opinion I really like this idea. Visa versa it would be nice to have in Windows 8.1 to be able to have all the tiles in the same colour.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I would like more background color options, and maybe even background pics with options to make tiles a little transparent.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I would like more background color options, and maybe even background pics with options to make tiles a little transparent.
I think that'll get way too crowded. The standard build-in background solution that Windows 8 uses might work with Windows Phone, though. Even the scrolling background-feature in 8.1!
If I have the time I'll make a mockup of that.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd like different sizes - like a wide tile that's as tall as a small tile for multiday weather forecast. And the ability to have groups like W8 has with just a little space between to break things up a bit. I don't know about everyone else, but my Start screen gets a bit long at times.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My brother and I were discussing how great it would be if MS released a new Clippy as a response to Siri. It would be additionally hilarious (self-deprecating) if they made him as useless as he used to be.

Me: Clippy, open WPCentral Forums.
Clippy: I see you're trying to make a form letter. I'll open the Knowledge Base for you.
(Link opens in browser)
404! Page not found!
Me: Thanks, Clippy. That will be all.
:grincry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo