09-09-2013 03:18 PM
139 1234 ...
tools
    Welcome to daily Nokia vitriol with Tomi Ahonen!
    a5cent, LastBattle and Residing like this.
    09-04-2013 05:30 AM
    Welcome to daily Nokia vitriol with Tomi Ahonen!
    I haven't even looked at the article yet (planned to do so when I get home), but now that you've mentioned Tomi I know that I don't have too. lol

P.S. For those that don't know, he's an ex Nokia executive with a grudge.
    09-04-2013 05:45 AM
    I'm actually sick of seeing these "Microsoft buys Nokia" articles, journals, or some other 'FUD' opinions, either if it's for the benefit for both or not, I honestly Can.Not.Give.Any.More.F's. As a consumer, like I always say: just stick to whatever works for you and makes you happy. Only time will tell (or Microsoft can present themselves their plans) for us whether this buy-out will work.. or not. So because we do not know the plans of Microsoft with the acquisition of Nokia, "tech journalists" (yeah right) jot down their silly opinions, as if they're predicting the fate of the company, like any other haters would do, only with more fancy 'logic' words to it.
    09-04-2013 06:21 AM
    I stopped reading after this:

"But unfortunately I was correct (once again)."
    09-04-2013 07:46 AM
    I'm actually sick of seeing these "Microsoft buys Nokia" articles, journals, or some other 'FUD' opinions, either if it's for the benefit for both or not, I honestly Can.Not.Give.Any.More.F's. As a consumer, like I always say: just stick to whatever works for you and makes you happy. Only time will tell (or Microsoft can present themselves their plans) for us whether this buy-out will work.. or not. So because we do not know the plans of Microsoft with the acquisition of Nokia, "tech journalists" (yeah right) jot down their silly opinions, as if they're predicting the fate of the company, like any other haters would do, only with more fancy 'logic' words to it.

sure, and if this guy is so right bout the future of a successful company like Microsoft, he shouldn't b a tech journalist, but a CEO.
    Ok, anyone can give opinion , like me right now, but this article about Microsoft is just a comment , just a comment.Just like I'm doing now.
    09-04-2013 07:56 AM
    This article is full of emotion and bias. Emotion grays out logic.

The only thing he writes which I agree, which I stated before, is that carriers don't want a Microsoft handset, and they helped kill the Kin because of it. Nokia was more-or-less their in with WP because Nokia is more beloved or respected, but WP is still frowned upon because it's Microsoft. Now carriers/manufacturers/developers have even more reason to shun Microsoft.
    Microsoft still needs to shake their negative, bullying image. But they need to walk the walk also and many times they don't. They're a bull in a china shop.
    Dazzi likes this.
    09-04-2013 08:03 AM
    Oh, and I like this....

Windows Phone (proper, not including Asha) will not match the peak of 4% market share it had briefly this year, ever in any upcoming year. It may momentarily hit that level on some quarter, maybe, on some momentarily hit phone, but the carriers will make sure Nokia never again hits these levels in annual share. Never above 4% is my solid prediction. Soon we will have 'third ecosystems' that do better than that, my bet is on Tizen but we might have others too, like Firefox, Sailfish, perhaps even a recovery by Blackberry, not to mention Palm's WebOS via LG and HP's return to smartphones.
    I hope folks as Microsoft sees this think
    challenge_accepted.jpg
    LastBattle likes this.
    09-04-2013 08:11 AM
    This is a well known WP8/Nokia problem as well. Look at the stickie on this forum - 75% of people experiencing unexpected excessive battery drain.
    Not an accurate interpretation of that fact, and of a very different character. That survey asks if a reader has EVER experienced sudden battery drain. I have, so I answered "Yes." One time for some few minutes. Yes, it does seem to happen. But this is not the same as the Android just sucking the juice, minute after minute till dead, across many brands and models. When I had GPS on, the battery would get almost hot on my Android and would be good for a couple of hours, max.

As the old saying goes, "The devil is in the details." This is very true for communications, too.
    09-04-2013 08:27 AM
    TL;DR. Just another windbag blogger pundit.

I really have to question cereal killer's motivations in finding this article and posting it here. 3300 global posts? 13 posts here? A Droid in your profile? Not looking to spread FUD, now, are you?
    The first thing you do is look at the URL and see if it comes from somewhere with any credibility. This might as well be geocities. Then you start reading and he mentions Nokias dominance in smart phones, which someone else has already pointed out was nil. annnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm done.
    09-04-2013 08:55 AM
    75% of people experiencing unexpected excessive battery drain.
    Citation or FUD?
    09-04-2013 09:15 AM
    Windowsphone's initial success is because of Nokia's brand recognition and its popularity ........No one buys a phone here(india) thinking it has wp in it but because of the Nokia name printed on it ......this applies to many other asian countries also!
    Nokia as a brand is more than what WP is or was .
    Dazzi and Arafat Sa like this.
    09-04-2013 09:20 AM
    I'm tired of the Kin bashing. My goodness, Microsoft has other failures besides Kin. My goodness Windows mobile/phone 6.1, 6.5,6.5.X, MSN smart watches etc...

I read kin and I scream please stop it!
    09-04-2013 09:32 AM
    P.S. For those that don't know, he's an ex Nokia executive with a grudge.
    which doesn't change the fact that his predictions came true, it might be FUD if he was talking something without any facts or missing predictions badly but he was so damn right about everything about Nokia-MS relationship that it can't be called FUD anymore, he knows the stuff
    Dazzi, Castor Troy and krishna6233 like this.
    09-04-2013 09:44 AM
    This is a very long read and well worth it. It will upset many but it cant be ignored.

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...a-handset.html
    Thanks for the link. I wish he had references, to back up what he was saying. Nevertheless, it was a good article, and he obviously has first hand knowledge of Nokia and it's partnership with Microsoft -- I personally think, Microsoft used 'Eflop' to execute a hostile takeover.
    Castor Troy likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:55 AM
    Citation or FUD?
    What he's using as his citation is a poll here on WPC (http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ery-drain.html) with less than 100 respondents at this point.
    09-04-2013 10:02 AM
    which doesn't change the fact that his predictions came true, it might be FUD if he was talking something without any facts or missing predictions badly but he was so damn right about everything about Nokia-MS relationship that it can't be called FUD anymore, he knows the stuff
    What came true? He's making pure conjecture about all the "whys." But it's still based off of the silly idea that one man could come in and take complete control to destroy a division while all other board members remain oblivious. Truly preposterous.

He was originally predicting that Nokia would go out of business.

That's a FAR cry from selling one of their divisions and having billions of dollars in liquidity while scoring a sweet long term deal for one of their other divisions. All the while, keeping the important utility patents that a bankrupt company wouldn't have been able to keep. And of course, the largest one day value increase in the company's long long history.

So when it comes to Nokia's success as a company, it only ended up exactly opposite of what he predicted.
    09-04-2013 10:06 AM
    Regardless of the Nokia buyout, Windows Phone will do fine. Why? Because of increasing commonality with other Windows platforms. The whole TIles thing will become ubiquitous. Stuff like tiles have been around for a while, sure, but MS is making it the backbone of their UI and with good reason. People like it. As handset hardware gets more sophisticated, phones will become true business machines capable of running full-up version of Office and other business apps. When it comes to desktop/laptop computing, Microsoft dominates the market with usage on over 90% of laptops and desktops. As that level of computing power reaches handheld devices, people will be doing the same things on their phones and tablets. Having a unified OS that operates everywhere (or is at least highly compatible across the desktop to mobile spectrum) is why Windows will only become more prolific.

I doubt MS will make Nokia their exclusive platform; in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they spun them back off in several years. But right now they have catching up to do compared to other smart phone OSs, and having a vertically integrated enterprise will speed development. As their OS product improves, other manufactures will remain with and even jump over to the Windows ecosystem. If anything, I see a rapid decline in Android; a bust may follow their boom. But maybe not; there is still a huge market to fill (only half of U.S. consumers have smart phones; that number is sure to grow).

But there will be lots of manufacturers for Windows Phones. And the if the Windows Phone OS disappears, it will only be because it is merged with the desktop OS.
    Duppy kankera, stmav and MikeSo like this.
    09-04-2013 10:18 AM
    They're a bull in a china shop.
    Which is why they can't be ignored and won't go away.
    Duppy kankera likes this.
    09-04-2013 10:22 AM
    Didn't bother reading because the author is not Karnak The Magnificent, therefore he has no mystical powers to see the future. Any schmuck with a WordPress account can consider his/her self as an "analyst". In the real world, that means you are a schmuck with no talents to bring to the table and can't get a real job.
    09-04-2013 10:34 AM
    The article is made by a former nokia employee a person who is leaving in Europe is clearly pro-European and anti-American and thus anti Microsoft and everything related to microsoft. But the problem is not the subjectivism induced by his pro-European and nokia employee past history. There are many contradictions and sometimes the article contains misinformation just to make his ideas sound better. Plus some aspect about his technical analysis are completely false either by lack of knowledge or by design. Also note the ego of the writer and how many times he needs to say that he said that first he was the one and only that did that and so on.

I won't credit his blog post with too much credibility given it's subjective sympathies and it's use of false information and twisted logic.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-04-2013 11:01 AM
    Me: "Analysts will fail to publish anything remotely accurate"
    09-04-2013 11:14 AM
    Me: "Analysts will fail to publish anything remotely accurate"
    And forum posters are somehow better?
    krishna6233 likes this.
    09-04-2013 11:21 AM
    Than the guy who wrote that article? Often, yes. Some forum posters are better.
    09-04-2013 11:23 AM
    At least forum posters are called on their BS before they can write that much. You may not know if the person is right or wrong by the responses on a forum, but you can at least see that there is some level of controversy. When you blog, you don't get interrupted by other bloggers, and even if you do, you can delete comments you don't like.
    09-04-2013 11:27 AM
    On occasion.

What I find irksome about analysts is they are paid (a lot) to think about things, then make assumptions about what they see in front of them. Their thoughts then get pushed round to the world and his wife. These thoughts then affect stock prices and by extension shareholders and onto the general public. There isn't any facts or hard truths all they do is predict what they think is going to happen and the populous reacts to them. 9 times out of 10 they are wrong. Yet they still get paid and still come back for more analysis.

In my eyes they are just as useful as a weatherman. 9 times out of 10 they are wrong as well.
    09-04-2013 11:32 AM
139 1234 ...