A question regarding installing drivers for a printer

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I know this sounds like a daft question but I would like to use my RT with my printer (A HP laserjet).

I haven't tried it yet but can I use the printer without installing the driver from a CD disc. (I obviously cannot do this because the RT doesn't have a disc drive).

Nevica

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The RT has got a fair amount of support for printers. You should just be able to plug and print via USB cable. Any necessary drivers will be installed

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Correct. If the printer was made within the last 5 years there is a good chance that it's support. Simply connect the print via USB and go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers and it should show up there.

You can check here though if it is supported Windows Compatibility Center

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've even connected mine to a couple commercial printers and they've worked fine. Actually I have yet to find a printer that doesn't work! (and I've probably used at least 50 different printers)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Heck, even scanning works out of the box, whether its a WiFi printer or hardwired printer, it just works with no setup at all!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If the drivers don't auto install then try plugging in the printer, go under settings, Update and Recovery and then check for updates. Windows might be able to auto-install the drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos