Now, you CAN sync Outlook directly, no cloud required

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just use outlook 2013 and use outlook.com to keep everything in sync, works great. My calendar, contacts and email are all in outlook 2013 and on my phone. Outlook 2013 comes with a built in Hotmail connector which was a separate software that you could download for outlook 2010.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I just use outlook 2013 and use outlook.com to keep everything in sync, works great. My calendar, contacts and email are all in outlook 2013 and on my phone. Outlook 2013 comes with a built in Hotmail connector which was a separate software that you could download for outlook 2010.

Not the same. Not at all. Regardless of your success, which has thus far eluded and frustrated me, Akruto leaves MS and the cloud out of it. Maybe you are just happy as a pig in mud, but many of us want control of our data at the PC level.

If you Bing around searching for issues that many people have trying to sync well, well, you could spend a year reading horror stories.

If you are happy, don't buy Akruto Sync. I will.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure why people are so scared about having your information in the cloud. It is just contacts, calendar and email. All email programs are in the cloud anyway. I have never seen any information loss on hotmail servers, ever. You might be able to bing or google something that may have happened many years ago, but if you need to have direct access to your information, maybe windows phone isn't the solution you need. You may need to go to another OS. If you are paranoid because you are doing something you shouldn't be, I suggest maybe you stop doing whatever makes you paranoid.

I have personally lost information when my computer had crashed before when I had a blackberry. I prefer having my information in the cloud so that I have my backup in case if my devices ever fail.

I also use gmail to backup my contacts as well as a 2nd choice with outlook.com, my outlook account is the most updated and every so often, sometimes 2-3 months, I update my gmail contact list. I have a third backup on icloud, but I haven't updated that since I got rid of my iphone.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I do have to add one thing that frustrates me of my solution. Outlook 2013 shows calendars shared to me within my organization and it appears on the my office 365 email domain. Outlook 2013 also shows everything from my outlook.com (hotmail account) But with Outlook 2011 for the MAC, I can not sync my hotmail account nor will shared calendars (my bosses) show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3