Transferring XBOX Music Songs to iTunes?

pogofx

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC 8X and an iMac with iTunes.

I have found a hundred articles about how to move iTunes purchased songs onto my Windows Phone. I have successfully done this without problem with the recently downloaded Windows Phone app on my iMac. No problems.

I would like to move songs that I've purchased through the music store on my Windows Phone into my iTunes library. However, when I browse my device (phone) through the Windows Phone app on the iMac, the only songs that show up are the ones I've transferred there from my iTunes library. None of the songs purchased on the phone itself show up so that I can move them on to my iMac. The only information I can find on the subject is about moving songs from iTunes to the phone and not the other way around. I can move pictures and other files from the phone, but the songs purchased from Xbox Music just don't show up. Appreciate any help.

pogofx

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but I've read that article many times and like all the others it talks about transferring music FROM iTunes TO the WP. Not FROM the WP to iTunes. It never really talks about moving music from the phone to the Mac. I have used that app and the music purchased on the phone doesn't show up. Other music not purchased from the windows store/Xbox music does.

Joshua Liu

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe there is a app for XBox Music on iTunes. I was looking for the same question to prepare for possible change from WP to iOS. I have looked it up on the web. So just search Xbox Music on iTunes and you're gold.... I guess?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I messaged Microsoft about this and was told that I was only person who ever had that problem. And that they'd "look into it."

maxkeller02

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
So its been like two years since someone asked this question, is there an answer yet? I'd love to access all the music I purchased from the Xbox music store from when I had a Windows Phone (unfortunately I do not anymore). I'd like to transfer the music to my new phone and my iTunes library. I got the Xbox Music app but it doesn't seem to help.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Install Xbox Music on a Windows PC. Sign in with the account you made purchases. Spend a couple of hours working out which setting will get it to download your purchases. Work out where it's put those files. Either move them somewhere you prefer, or point iTunes at them. Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs