why did you choose Windows over the competition ?(ios, Android,BBos etc)

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I would choose windows over Android because of its simplicity (no fancy features which I never need and make the phone complicated, also reliability can sometimes be questionable)

As for ios, it's has far to little personalisation for my liking. As far as personalisation goes its Android first, Windows second and iphone third.

As for bb I'm not such a great fan of their os.

How about you ? :)

paperless

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Not having enough money for an iPhone or an high end android I had to choose between a ****ty android with ****ty performance or a solid phone with the good performance windows phone always has with basically any hardware. So I chose windows phone.

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I choose wp8 cuz fastest os over 3G than my galaxy s3..Android load more than 20 second before it play video online. Unlike wp8 just one tap play just milliseconds in any online streaming...

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using WP since Lumia 800 was released, I basically got into WP because of Nokia .. Lumia 800 and N9 were the most beautiful things back then. Since WP8 came out, I found all the apps I need, although I agree we need more.

Also WIndows Phone was beautiful, smooth , lag free , elegant, simple (WP7.5) , stable and you could customize it to an extent. You were getting all this out of the box.

WIth Android my problem is you have to work on the OS, it is still not lag free, stable, elgant and smooth like WP is.
When ICS was around I was so angry at Google & HTC because none of the devices were getting proper updates, devices were getting updated and discarded. The apps were and still donot have a common set of guidelines (HOLO UI is changing it slightly). I mean one app had a back button on the top another had a back at the bottom, some apps used the physical button. Oh my God what a complete mess.
I had to root my desire and flash thrice since HTC wouldn't release updates. CM team is the saving grace of Android
That said, I used the LG Nexus 4 for a few days and I cannot tell you how happy I was to see Android running so smooth and lag free. I don't know what they did there but if that is the way all Nexus in the future are I might get one as a secondary device.(**** camera though)

I couldn't live with iOS because the devices were too costly in India, iOS cannot be made personal and all cool features I wanted meant the device had to be jailbroken.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used WinMo, Blackberry, and Android in the past. I actually went to Verizon with the idea of upgrading to another Android phone. I went over to the Windows Phone section and started playing with an 822 and was impressed by how fluid the OS was, how well I could read what was on the screen and the overall "feel" of the Lumia 822. I thought the phone felt solid. It was a bit bigger than I was looking for, but not excessively so. The removable battery and expandable storage sold me. I use my phone for primarily for email and I like the Outlook client as it does everything I need. I absolutely hated the Gmail client on Android and that was one of my biggest reservations about getting another Android device. I have no beef with Android in general. I will never own any more i devices, as I don't like Apple stuff. Battery life has been pretty good too. I'm still happy with my decision.

P.S. I should add that there a few things that frustrate me with WP8 and they have been beaten to death in the forums by others so no need to re-hash them here. Overall, I'm happy with the 822.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
android = chaos, malware , weak performance non creative product and i don't like google
ios = small screen, old design and expensive compared to the hardware they offer
bb10 = i can't find anything interesting about it
windows phone = metro design , live tiles , Microsoft services, Microsoft ecosystem, Nokia hardware , Nokia services and different hardware price points but it doesn't mean its perfect OS it needs more improvements/ features .... which could be solved with the next wave of updates

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Before my 920 I had a Samsung Galaxy S1. I was swayed over to Windows Phone by the UI which I came across due to Nokia sponsoring Homeland on Channel 4 in the UK. In a single episode you'd see 8 Nokia Lumia sponsor adverts.

I like having a phone that has a completely different and unique UI from iOS/Android and that always attracts attention when people see the start screen and live tiles.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
After Symbian went terminal, I went into denial and bought the 808 PureView holding on to the hope that my single purchase would breath life back into the platform and all would be well. I was naive and after seeing the error of my ways, I eventually stated the grieving process for Symbian. After my mourning was complete, I decided that I needed to snap out of the depression, man up and get a grip. It was then that I knew I had to choose another platform. Then followed weeks and weeks of intense research into WP, iOS, Android and Blackberry. Blackberry was quickly ruled out as their devices just seemed a bit crap. Next up was Android. I wasn't a fan of the platform beforehand so I probably went in with a negative opinion and that didn't change. The platform has some good points such as the number of apps/games/services available as well as being hackable but it just seems stacked with malware and I simply do not trust Google with my data so Android failed to make the cut. iOS was quickly ruled out on the basis that everyone that I know who has an iPhone is a complete fecktard. Many of these people actually consider Siri as one of their close friends....but I wonder if they know that Siri will talk to anyone and tell them what they want to lull them into a false sense of security?! Fools!

Then it was on to WP and despite my previous comments, there wasn't really going to be another successor to Symbian for me. I love Nokia phones. At first, I wasn't taken with the live tile appearance from the phones I saw on adverts but the concept grew on me. Whilst the app situation is far from perfect, coming from Symbian, it was a lot better than I was used to and I think I have some amazing apps and games installed on my 920. The latest updates have added some great features, although a lot more needs to be done by MS. Quite a few existing areas need to be improved and we need to continue to see new features implemented. I really do think WP can compete with the market leaders but if progress isn't swift enough, it could easily fail.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
When I watched the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 unveiling, the first thing came to my mind was 'complicated'. Thank you Microsoft for such a simple and efficient mobile OS (although it needs features but I doubt that the missing ones will make it a complicated OS).

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
To me, it's rather simple: WP8 is incredibly minimal, clean, and fresh. It does everything I need. While I don't dislike iPhones, they just aren't for me. I honestly can't explain in such detail why I like WP...I've always had a huge soft spot for minimalism in technology, and WP is just that.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I got this phone accidently. I bought Lumia 520 for mol because of simplicity and believe me I changed my wildfire s with mom. She got her first smartphone Wildfire S :p

I am in love with this phone. Better than android in many ways i say because android lags like hell also its completely a mess.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought Windows Phone to be different than everybody else with their Android and Iphone. Not the type that follows the crowd, have to be different. And Windows Phone was that choice for me. Never owned a smartphone till I got my Focus Flash, now I have a 521 and very happy with it.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I looooved BBOS, but the apps where horrible. And for my country the count was basically Zero. Also I used to like Nokia, but had given up on them during all the Symbian stuff.

WP was basically an out of BB (without going iOS or Android - which I tried and did not like) and an in to the manufacturing standards I liked from the Nokia days.

WP/Lumia 800 was a perfect match and haven't looked back since.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

athosbr99

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to try WP since its launch, but I only got the chance now. I switched from an old Android and I could stick with it on a brand Nexus.

But it wouldn't be fun this way. So I switched ^.^

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was simply the last thing to try. I had done iOS: hated it. Then BB: hated it. Then Android: hated it. Then WP8 came out: I liked it.

So here I sit, happily, till MS screws up, and something better comes out. ;)

P.S.
If I had found that I didn't like WP, I would have given up and gone back to a simple dumb phone that did rudimentary contacts and just made phone calls.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
For me, it was a simple matter of cost.

I've refused to own a mobile phone for years now as I just don't want to be THAT connected and available. But, things changed and I found myself needing one. So, a week ago I decided on the Lumia 520. Knowing I wouldn't be glued to the phone all the time, I just wanted a phone that worked well, was cheap, and since I like my tech toys, fun. The 520 seemed to fit the bill. And it has.

If cost wasn't a concern for me, I probably would have gone with an Android-- I've loved my Nexus 7 over the last year or so-- as I know the system well.

Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with the 520 and really enjoy the simplicity of WP8. I'd certainly buy another.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Cause the other UI bored me to death and android being my phone before this lagged soooo much...i wanted a fluid experience.

stratoc

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
First of all, I am an owner of an Android phone at this moment. Previously I used an HTC HD7 (cracked the screen :() and only recently bought a Lumia 720 for my gf. Hope to move back to WP myself in a few months. Anyway, I'm not a die hard fan/hater of any OS. Android is great if you like to customize the s**t out of your phone. But no matter what anyone says... it lags. Android still lags. You must buy a more powerful handset if you want to use it without a headache. I have LG Opimus 4X HD right now and it is ok. But it has nothing compared to almost any WP phone despite it's quadcore CPU and all. It simply ain't that smooth. Budget Androids are a disaster to be short. And that is the reason why I'm selling my Android device.

Then there are iPhones. Like the OS, hate the devices. They would be perfect if not for their small weird screens. Their 4" screen is far too long and too narrow for my taste. Apart from that iOS is smooth, pretty simple, has lots of apps and great support. If Apple decides to manufacture a device with a bigger screen I might try it out.

And finally we have Windows Phone. I loved WP7 and now I really love WP8. It's simple, lightning smooth and has a variety of devices to choose from. From a budget phone to a gaming machine. And most importantly they all run perfectly smooth. Interface is innovative, easy to use. It could have more apps, but I find almost everything I need now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb