Eliminate the mail app and add outlook to Windows phone

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello WP central crew,

What are your thoughts about Microsoft eliminating the mail app ESP if you have multiple email accounts instead of taking more space on your home screen especially if you have more than one, or if you make them small the name doesn't show up.

Instead they will have outlook for windows phone in a singular app kinda like iPhone mail app. You have multi email accounts in one, live tile function, and other outlook features will work.

Good idea?

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
No linked inboxes cause you never know what email you are in unless you click in and reply or what not. Seeing things separate like ios mail app is better and more efficient.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No linked inboxes cause you never know what email you are in unless you click in and reply or what not. Seeing things separate like ios mail app is better and more efficient.

Ok, got your point. I don't know how desperate people are for this, would be good if it were there I guess

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I don't agree that it is "better and more efficient", but options are always nice. If they added it as an option it would suit more usage cases.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
MS doesn't need to fragment their features anymore. Between, Outlook, Outlook.com, Mail App, Skype, Lync, etc. They have several duplicates across their portfolio.

They just need to enhance the mail app. Really, they should just have one app for each type. But the app needs to be made with layers such that it meets the needs of various consumer demands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion