Twelve days on standby? Yes!

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Eat your heart out, Boris.

Phone and wifi on, everything else clamped down. No live tiles, Acceweather, or Bing news. I must note that I have a 2500mah battery. So, that's about 8 days for the standard battery.

Since I was within a mb of running out of data early in the month, I shut data off. As I mentioned in another thread, I found that with Google Talk I can keep my cell number and now send/receive SMS through Google and wifi. No need for data service with wifi in reach. For me, that's 23 hours a day. The voice to text works, too, surprisingly. (It requires a data connection.)

I was trying a new battery app and found that it used a lot more juice than the old one. Heck, block 'em all, every app, you just have an extra tap when you reactivate them.

Obviously a phone is to use, not set aside. But only by knowing best possible performance can you know what different apps and service are costing you in the real world. And, like Diane Nyad and her swim from Cuba, because I want to.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Try burying it for a month then call it, if it rings then you got something :wink:
I'd curious if it actually is 2500mAh, if you download
Nokia's Battery Pro+ (even on a temporary basis) it tells you what the battery is, BTW I think this uses less battery than all the others.
Battery Pro+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

As I said, a phone is to use. My experiments are are just to set objective standards. As soon as one uses the phone "moderately" or whatever subjective amount it is, you can't tell.

I tried the Nokia Pro+ and it said my battery was 1800mah. I think it's built into the phone version. My 2500mah battery DEFINITELY has much more capacity. Is it 2300mah instead of 2500mah? Who knows. It's all somewhat of a rounded off rating game, anyway, and there are differences in production for the same battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes