Nokia Glance Peek not working as expected after last update?

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Glance's peek feature used to let me wave my hand over my screen to let me see the clock, but now it just turns on whenever I turn my phone off and won't respond to me waving my hand. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: the double tap to wake is also very unreliable.

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Glance's peek feature used to let me wave my hand over my screen to let me see the clock, but now it just turns on whenever I turn my phone off and won't respond to me waving my hand. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm assuming that you've configured it in it new own spot "glance" in Settings ?

Are all you settings up to date? to make sure get this Lumia Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
and update each group by clicking the magnifying glass/ search icon.

cwbcpa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
do u guys have any option called " Interval " in Glance screen. how does it work.. ( Lumia 920)
I saw that option as well. I assume it just brings up the screen at certain times when the phone is not being used. Maybe every 10 min? I'll have to try it at work tomorrow while the phone sits on my desk. I use peek right now.

fazil6

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
does peek option consume more battery than interval. which 1 is better.. i don't wanna loose a huge battery percentage for the glance but i still love it..

karambolo

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that peek uses more battery, your proximity sensor will be always on and on interval setting, it will be turned off for 15 min. I have the same issue with glance, no matter the settings, it's always on and when proximity sensor is covered, it turns off

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^ Yep turning the setting to always on is not of any great use. Proxmity sensor is still being used, and I could see battery drains..

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Glance is a complete waste of battery right now, until Black is out, why will you want your battery been drain just to see the time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans