WP8 App questions.(anything equivalent on WP8?)

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Folks,
I am planning to upgrade from iphone 4S to Lumia 1020.
Now I have some questions about software and apps. Whether some equivalent apps are available or not on WP8?

Are they any equivalent apps on WP8 as the ones found on iphone as below? And are they all free on WP8 since all the apps listed below are free on iphone except couple.
1. GasBuddy.(For checking gas prices)
2. Pulse News reader.
3. Saavn (Bollywood music)
4. Shazam(I guess Bing does something similar but not sure if it does it for bollywood songs)
5. Moves (an app that always runs in background counting my steps and miles walked/ran/drove. It recognizes automatically what I am doing and can even work without internet as long as
it had an internet connection before I started my activity to get a lock on gps location. I don't have to launch the app always. It just runs in background even when the app is closed)
6. Heart Rate Monitor and Stress Check apps.
7. SportsTracker
8. Bump
9. Scan Pages(page scanning app using camera?)
10. Merrill Lynch, Bloomberg apps. Bank apps like BoFa, WF,Citi
11. Groupon, Craigslist,slickdeals, google offers.
12. Zillow/Trulia
13. WD 2go,PogoPlug?
14. CardStar or any similar wallet organizer app.(for storing gift cards,membership cards)
15. The Vault(quite secure app for storing sensitive info like credit cards)
16. ParkNow, ParkingPanda?
17. MotionX-GPS and Theodolite.(The only paid apps in this list)
18. Safeway

I use most of these apps regularly except the parking ones and Zillow. So wondering what I will miss out if I switch from iphone to Lumia.
Thanks.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Idk about most of these apps but you can go to windowsphone.com and actually look for them and it'll show you! Hope you enjoy your 1020!!

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Idk about most of these apps but you can go to windowsphone.com and actually look for them and it'll show you! Hope you enjoy your 1020!!
Thanks. I found about 70% same or equivalent app from my list. But the 30% missing include some pretty useful apps for me. So waiting until they are available on WP before making the switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos