Love-Hate the Facebook integrated messaging app

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wong, I love messaging app and the fact that I can switch from Facebook chat with my friends to SMS seamlessly at just a ress f a button, especially since there is no Facebook messenger app for WP8, but I just hate it that after I have a long chat with my friend on my computer on Facebook and I switch on data/wifi on my phone, all the message alerts just flood in and spam my phone even though I've already seen all these messages and I don't want to see them again and so my phone just keeps vibrating and there will be a constant toast notification on the top of the screen...is it just me or is there a way to stop this from happening?

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I find this annoying too. I experience it in a slightly different way though because I keep a WiFi connection on at all times; instead of getting a flood of messages at a later time, I get hassled with my phone vibrating and having the screen constantly lit up for toast notifications during a real-time conversation, which I really don't need since I'm chatting on my computer.

The way I deal with it is by simply putting my phone on silent and laying it face down on the table so that the screen lighting up doesn't annoy me. This doesn't actually seem all that inconvenient but the problem is that the phone's volume controls don't let you switch between vibrate and silent in one click - it only lets you switch between vibrate and ringer or silent and ringer. So I have to unlock my phone, go into settings, then into ringtones/sounds and turn off vibrate every time I engage in a long chat with someone. That is rather inconvenient for me. I dunno about you guys, but an option to switch from silent to vibrate from the volume controls with one of the upcoming updates would be a godsend for me.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The interesting thing about the integration is that I do treat Facebook messaging as texting. I skip using the messaging in Facebook and do it on my phone. This sucked because the messaging had been unstable or just not working at all for several months for me and it is still having issues for many others. Facebook messaging has been stable since the last Facebook Beta update that removed toast and tile notifications for messages.

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
This was one of my gripes with it too, also hate how when I sent messages on my computer, all the messages I received from people are all there but my replies to them don't sync across to the phone (don't even know if that would be possible). So I just get massive lists of received messages without my replies in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett