Will there be a Proper OUTLOOK app for WP8

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I often wonder if there's an Outlook app on other platforms that are 'proper' so we have some idea what people are asking for cause I'm confused when people ask for this.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When I had an Android tablet the outlook.com app gave me notifications (seriously, why does WP not have the option for toast notifications for email?!) and it also had a quiet mode where you could set specific times for it not to sync during. I wish WP gave me these options.

I'd also like to be able to do simple things like use bold and italics in an email.

Not sure these would make a 'proper' outlook app but they're things I'd like to see in the built in mail app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When I had an Android tablet the outlook.com app gave me notifications (seriously, why does WP not have the option for toast notifications for email?!) and it also had a quiet mode where you could set specific times for it not to sync during. I wish WP gave me these options.

I'd also like to be able to do simple things like use bold and italics in an email.

Not sure these would make a 'proper' outlook app but they're things I'd like to see in the built in mail app.

Well I don't see the need for toast. However I will agree with the use of bold and italics. I would also agree with you if you mentioned how attachments are handled as well.

Of course the hardcore WP fan will tell you that's what a table/computer are for, not a phone...

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Outlook for work (the Exchange version, not outlook.com) and would like to see WP8 bring over more of it's mail and calendar features. Categories, follow up options, ability to set priority level, bold and italic fonts, better attachment functions- these would all be welcome.
Also, I'd like to be able to set up toast notifications for select people or topics, or high priority mail. I get lots of email so I wouldn't want continuous toasts. But when a high priority client email comes I'd like to know that immediately.

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
In my,post I wrote Microsoft should,do away with the native mail app and make a outlook app so you have office + outlook on WP. This will eliminate if you have multiple email acct. Think about IOS mail app you have your folders easily accesses, have everything neat. Even have the mail app in windows 8 and you can switch between your email via outlook, Google, yahoo, business acct

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can do that. Just use the "Linked Inbox" feature in the mail app and you'll get all of your inbox emails together. When you want to swap between accounts, just the "Show Folders" function.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The Outlook desk application lets you drag an email into Tasks or Calendar and it copies the email title and body/description into a new Task or Calendar item, for which you then set dates/times, etc. It would be great to be able to hit "Send to Task" or "Send to Calendar" with an email message. Really nice. Like, REALLY USEFUL AND NICE.
ETA: plus how about a live tile for tasks, dur, how 'bout that?

Last edited:

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Its not the same,with folders or linked. When on IOS you see what email your in with linked windows phone you don't you have to guess what email is being sent to when you clicked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos