What would you do?stay on Verizon with 928 or wait 3 months to get 1020 on AT&T?

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm really itching to get my first Windows Phone and because I'm currently on Verizon and eligible for an early upgrade, I can pick up the 928 today!

However, the 1020 has that amazing camera and although I'm not really big into photography, it would still be nice to have. My formal contract expires in three months, so I would need to wait for that one.

On the other hand, Verizon service in my area is much better than AT&T.

So, if you were in my shoes, what would you do? Thanks in advance.

dhack21

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd pick up a 928 just for the fact you said Verizon offers better service than ATT. The 928 is a great device and I can say I've been less than thrilled with ATT myself.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

dhack21

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd pick up a 928 just for the fact you said Verizon offers better service than ATT. The 928 is a great device and I can say I've been less than thrilled with ATT myself.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have better service with Verizon I would jump on the 928, but I'm sure theres gonna be new phones in the next couple months also!

cwbcpa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you have to pick service first. I'm on Verizon too. I have the 822 right now. I want the 928 but I'm going to wait a few months and see what comes out next. The great thing about WP is that you don't have to have the most a "high end"phone to enjoy the OS. That being said the 928 is great and if I didn't have a WP I would grab it for free.

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you have to pick service first. I'm on Verizon too. I have the 822 right now. I want the 928 but I'm going to wait a few months and see what comes out next. The great thing about WP is that you don't have to have the most a "high end"phone to enjoy the OS. That being said the 928 is great and if I didn't have a WP I would grab it for free.

Good point, plus I keep forgetting, it is a free phone.

Thanks everyone for your input.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to pick service first.

I agree completely. at&t may have the current Windows Phone hero device, but if it's always sitting at No Service, Edge, or even a constantly over-saturated 3G connection, you will find that very frustrating for the life of that phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Always pick your carrier first. And if they have equal service where you live, then rank them equally and then pick the phone. I'll add this, though... If you're willing to wait 3 months to go to ATT, then look at your priorities in a phone. If photography is a hobby for you, or if you take a lot of pictures, can you wait 4-6 months until the 102x comes to Verizon? Only you can decide what matters to you. I have the 928, and love it. But when the 102x comes to Verizon, I'll be passing the 928 to my wife and using the last update on our contract to get a 102x for me. If photography is a priority for you, then wait for the 102x. If it isn't, the 928 is great. Other than the camera, there's essentially no difference between the phones.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
No power on this Earth can make me go to at&t. Which is why I'm pissed that they keep getting all the good stuff first. I'm hoping that when I need to replace the 928, that I won't have to wait for a good phone to appear again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon