"Cortana" isn't just limited to voice interactions" - Tom Warren

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
re: "Cortana" isn't just limited to voice interactions" - Tom Warren

What bothers me about this is that WPC hasn't picked it up. I know our site isn't the beat all to end all, but since WP8 began to be a big news item, they only report on credible news that they believe is backed up by numerous sources.

I know only a little about this, but I think it would be a blast if this was true.

It's on WPCentral now.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

they should use cortana's voice and put up a 3d avatar that moves her mouth and hands when she talks to you, and she should look like she does in halo. If they did this, I'm sure all halo fans would have to have a wp as their next phone...

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

they should use cortana's voice and put up a 3d avatar that moves her mouth and hands when she talks to you, and she should look like she does in halo. If they did this, I'm sure all halo fans would have to have a wp as their next phone...
I hope they dont, looks very cheap would prefer a more siri like look but better animated, more useful and funnier

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

well, I think cortana would be funnier as she has some funny lines here and there in halo, I don't think her character model looks cheap, but perhaps we don't need the avatar...lets just hope if they put her in wp that she doesn't eventually go crazy and make your phone self-destruct or something...

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

On release day, Microsoft should give everyone a free Cortana for their Xbox avatars.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Skynet??

From The Verge, "Windows Phone already includes basic voice commands, but Cortana looks to be a step further with a system that will learn and adapt."

A.I. is inching closer and closer!

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad MS has an answer to Google Now and Siri. Those are both important new technologies. WP is way ahead on GUI, but needs to handle these new areas of innovation as well to keep up.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The fly in the ointment is that Cortana might not be coming until 2016...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

I hope it does heaps of automation stuff. Time, location and command triggered "macros".

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Also signed. I knew it was only a matter of time before a petition popped up. :winktongue:

I really hope they do keep the name though, they need to humanize the feature, and Cortana is a name a lot of people will be familiar with. It's also a pretty excellent name, I get the feeling they'll continue MS tradition and drop the awesome project codename in favour of something a little more mundane though. Like "Microsoft Digital Personal Assistant 2013 v1.1". :grin:

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site

Wow already 5k votes. Went to sleep last night and it was on 1,800.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

idunno. I am hopeful for this to work, but at the same time skeptical. I usually get frustrated with software that tries to anticipate too much what I'm trying to do. Having said that, my phone is doing a great job of remembering words and names that I text frequently, and that's a big plus.

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I think WIndows Phone's TellMe if I'm not mistaken, the one that's summoned when the Windows button is pressed for long, is one of the very great features of the phone. What I loved about it is it's offline ability, since Siri and Google Now(?) can't work offline. I love it. And with Cortana around the corner, do you people think that it could be used offline? If it could, it could kill everyone in the league, I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05