New Folders In Photos With Ability To Move Pictures (Nokia Lumia 920)

lil_joe_2009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering why, with such an advanced app, we are not able to create new folders for our pictures in the phone? We are also not able to select photos and move them to other folders we already have.

I understand there may be apps for this, but I do not want my pictures on apps. I want them where they are, just new folders. Surely this is very possible and would like to see it in an update.

I also understand that I can create folders by plugging my phone to the computer and also move pictures this way. However, this is such a hassle to do when I have new pictures that I want moved, and in there own folders, up to ten+ times a day.

Can someone clarify why we don't have this ability and maybe someone can get this to be in an upcoming update.

Thanks

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean creating new albums in Picture hub on the fly? Yes that functionality is missing. I don't know if it will be changed anytime soon.

The option I use is the cloud, I create albums in my skydrive account on my device and load pictures into it. It is a work around but helps.

Last edited:

lil_joe_2009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm one of those people who do not really trust online saving programs such as the cloud. So I have mine cut off and do not save anything to it.

And yes I mean creating new picture albums. My Nokia Lumia 920 does not have this ability and I can't even understand how something so simple could be overlooked.

vlinder1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 625 - seems really strange that it wouldn't be standard to have such a basic feature, I assumed I must have overlooked something as this is my first smartphone, but my daughters and even phone shop staff haven't had a clue. At least now I know it's not my luddite nature that's the issue! Very disappointing though.

Samsami83

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointing indeed.
Much like live tiles as Battery tiles not updating information more than every twenty minutes or so.
Even my 1983 TRS-80 Model-100 computer did better than that.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If you have Windows Phone 8.1, you can use MS Files app to create folders (albums) and move photos from one folder to another very much like how you do on your PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99