Windows Phone Strategy

PerseusPrime

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I read this post on ArsTechnica about how Google is defragging Android ecosystem by introducing the Google Play Services and their suite of services to make the android os updates boring.

Should Microsoft follow a similar strategy specially in the wake of ATT taking its sweet time on GDR2. In many ways, this is where Nokia is going with their system updates. But should Microsoft follow a more aggressive strategy to circumvent these carriers and OEMS?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by making updates boring, since when have updates started to bore people .. lol

I think Microsoft can try to update their apps independent of the carriers, if that is what you mean.
As for introducing Google Play services, Microsoft has already done it by including Skydrive, XBox Music. Office Mobile, Messenger of sorts, Outlook Email, Here Maps (techinically Bing + Here), Bing News/Sports/Finaince etc.. , Local Scout, Bing Search, Bing Visual Search and scanner etc .

It would be helpful if apps like Office Mobile, Email etc. can be updated on an adhoc basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb