Ok so I got everything working, calls, txt, address book, GPS & maps etc BUT can't get music to play... Anyone familiar with SYNC? Is music possible or no? I know Microsoft SYNC works better with pretty much everything other than its own phone OS but just curious if anyone knows
    rdubmu likes this.
    09-14-2013 07:35 PM
    What version of sync is it? is it My ford touch?

Anywho, if its hooked up via USB, all you need to do is press the sync button and say something like "usb" it will switch to the usb, then press the button again and say something like "play (artist)(genre)(album)(playlist) etc. and I should play.

If it is through Bluetooth, then you have to manually select the song using the phone, but you would press the sync button and say "Bluetooth"
    09-14-2013 07:55 PM
    No its not the touch version. Like I said everything works flawless via Bluetooth except the music... Manually clicking play on the device the sound doesn't play in the car or the handset. I usually use an audio cable for music so its not a big issue
    09-14-2013 09:09 PM
    Did you switch the sync over to Bluetooth by pressing the voice command and saying "Bluetooth audio"?

The volume on the phone also matters too, make sure its up to its full volume and you should hear it just fine. I use my 920 with my Escape flawlessly.
    09-14-2013 09:35 PM
    lol yes I checked the volumes.
    09-14-2013 11:42 PM
    Figured it out and working perfect now. I was originally looking through the Bluetooth and phone settings BUT found in settings under the regular audio section for "media player" options :)

All in all ford SYNC is pretty damn sweet
    09-15-2013 11:49 AM
    I love it, my escape has a first gen sync system in it. Hopefully once this car is paid off I will hop into one with the my ford touch version of sync
    Villain likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:44 PM
    Mr. Villain,

can you go into a little more detail how you fixed your problem?
    i have a Nokia Lumia 920 as well, my vehicle is a 2011 Ford Flex.
    Until yesterday, Ford Sync has been working fine, despite perhaps a little hiccup here and there.
    Now i am having the same problem you did - phone connects, ok for incoming and outgoing calls, but music won't play.
    I kept telling the system "bluetooth audio" but it replies "no bluetooth device found" (yet no problem for phone calls; BT logo shown on head unit.)
    i have deleted Sync from my list of bluetooth devices on the Lumia 920, deleted my Lumia 920 off of my Ford, and then reinstalled both - still not working.

thanks in advance.
    12-18-2013 01:42 PM