GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

Hello,

I am planning to do a start-up. I got to know that Windows phone users love their device, but they have concerns with the number of apps available on the platform. They would like to have popular apps from Android or iPhone available on Windows Phone.

My idea is to make android apps available on Windows Phone. I have explained the idea in following survey.

Could you please help me understand your sentiments as a windows phone user? I would really love to have your feedback on this.Its a short survey.it wont take much time Here is the link to my survey -
Survey : Run Android apps on Windows Phone

Thank you!
One word: Scroogled

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

I have the GDR3 Developers Preview installed on my phone and I need to know if I can uninstall the Preview for Developers app after getting the official OTA update 3 from Microsoft + Lumia Black later on. Help?

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have good information for You all. All Nokia devices with Windows Phone 8 is removed from Nokia Software Update Status page. Previous there was a status of Amber update, but today there is no WP8 devices, only WP 7.X. So, Nokia is preparing page for status of Black update. So, You can check it yourself:)
http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Click "Thanks" button ;]

Or maybe they found a big, big problem.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Here Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia. Hit Thanks :)

I have good information for You all. All Nokia devices with Windows Phone 8 is removed from Nokia Software Update Status page. Previous there was a status of Amber update, but today there is no WP8 devices, only WP 7.X. So, Nokia is preparing page for status of Black update. So, You can check it yourself:)
http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Click "Thanks" button ;]

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That is new. But like you see, there are no Amber updates for 925,1020, 1320 and 1520. I think they will upload the Black page for these devices soon. Also, I have tried to update my L1020 and the update query lasts much longer than usual. Something is moving, let's see!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

Sorry but I tried to click the links but they are available to me. (Attached photos below)

I just came here to post again regarding this. Nokia must have put the Amber pages back up, probably some time last night. They've been down for many days before that. At least they're back up anyway. Thanks for posting :)

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
That is new. But like you see, there are no Amber updates for 925,1020, 1320 and 1520. I think they will upload the Black page for these devices soon. Also, I have tried to update my L1020 and the update query lasts much longer than usual. Something is moving, let's see!

Yep, hopefully Black soon :) I think Nokia excluded the 925 and 1020 from the Amber pages because they actually shipped with the Amber update already installed. Along the same lines, I believe the 1320 and 1520 ship with the Black update, so they will probably be excluded from the Black update page when Nokia get round to putting it up on their website.

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is this new to GDR3? I had GDR3 preview and now just updated to Nokia's Black up date on my 1020.... this may be old and may have been around since before GDR3 even but I just noticed it and wanted to see I may have missed this all along or if it was new? Circled in red, shows data usage by the LTE icon.

wp_ss_20140110_0002.jpg

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Is this new to GDR3? I had GDR3 preview and now just updated to Nokia's Black up date on my 1020.... this may be old and may have been around since before GDR3 even but I just noticed it and wanted to see I may have missed this all along or if it was new? Circled in red, shows data usage by the LTE icon.
Erwan12, See here for a quick explanation of those new arrow symbols :)

AbhishekS319

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The GDR3 update is also know as Black, right? Or am I wrong?

And I somewhere read that with the Black update the phone can be unlocked by just touching the screen without the need of pressing the hardware button. True?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The GDR3 update is also know as Black, right? Or am I wrong?

And I somewhere read that with the Black update the phone can be unlocked by just touching the screen without the need of pressing the hardware button. True?

It's a common mistake about GDR3 and Black, don't worry. GDR3 (now called Update 3 by Microsoft) is an OS update from Microsoft. Black is a firmware update from Nokia. So for example, HTC and Samsung phones will receive Update 3, but not Black as it is exclusive to Nokia hardware. What makes it even more confusing, is that carriers often release the OS and the Firmware updates together, so it appears as though they are the same thing to a lot of people.

With regard to touching the phone to unlock it, you should already be able to do this, depending on which Lumia you have. If you have a 920, which your profile suggests, you can already do this with Double Tap to Wake. The Amber update included this, so if your phone is compatible, just go into 'settings', then 'touch'. You should then see the option to turn on Double tap to wake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium