One Google account won't sync any email?

Mr Cow

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks, looking for some advice. Got a Huawei W1 a week or so ago, was all working fine apart from a fault with the speaker which caused severe interference when making calls. I got a replacement handset sent out on Monday, but when I tried to set up my main google account I kept getting 'no messages' in my google mail, despite it previously working fine on the other handset (contacts were syncing ok). Tried going through settings and using 'advanced setup' rather than google, but got the same outcome, only way I can get the email to work is to go through 'other account' and set it up as an email only account, but that obviously isn't syncing my contacts. I tried another google account I don't use much and it works just fine.

I believe the software is up to date (version 8.0.10327.77) and I've tried a factory reset twice, but that hasn't made any difference. Even stranger, I still had the faulty handset which I had wiped in preparation of returning, so decided to try setting it up on that as it had previously worked fine - but I had exactly the same problem, no email.

The only option I have had to get around it was to set my google mail account as an email only as stated above, then had to copy all my contacts from my main account to the lesser used account and sync my contacts from that one, but it's not really ideal. Does anyone have an suggestions or ideas as to what could possibly be the problem? The only difference I can think of between them is my main one is an '@googlemail' account rather than an '@gmail' one but surely that wouldn't make any difference, especially as it worked fine previously?

Thanks in advance

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Google took access away from Windows Phone. They ended support for EAS. They also ended support for IMAP as well. They are at war with this platform and Microsoft.

I highly suggest that you use outlook.com to and set up your gmail account inside of there. In settings you can set up your gmail account to be the default from account for all devices synced to outlook.com, it is a setting called: from devices. You select your gmail account.

For Contacts, I would import them to your outlook.com account as well. Good luck and if you need any help we are here to help you!

Mr Cow

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was aware there has been some issues between google and microsoft, however what's confusing me is why my account was previously working fine on another identical device I'd had less than a week but suddenly not anymore, especially as another account is working perfectly. Surely if they have taken away access/support then neither account should be working or should have worked?

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your suggestion regarding outlook.com but wouldn't that be essentially the same thing as I have now? I already have my gmail working as a mail only account and my contacts imported and working through my other google account, it's just that I would prefer to have my mail and contacts working from my my main account, just like the other account is doing quite happily.

Again, apologies if it what your suggesting would work differently/better than what I'm doing now.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
My Gmail works fine with receiving, sending, deleting and syncing emails. just testing out sending a couple emails deleting them on both my device and the website and it all worked fine with no issues but yeah contacts sync isn't working properly

is that one account relatively new? Google basically keeps trying and trying to make it harder and harder on windows devices like
rdubmu
said

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon