BBM for windows phone 8 ??

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
BBM for Android does not work so well, cant even open the app...there are several developers that have published the BBM app for Android. Not sure if its cheap copy cats or the official thing...but its terrible.

Yes, it is terrible that people downloaded obvious fakes and are blasting BBM for them. If it isn't from BlackBerry Ltd, it isn't the real app. I haven't had any problems with it, it works like a charm. Then again, I got the leaked version that eventually got taken down. Still works though.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have zero persons who use BB, or will use bbm. On WP you have plenty of options, and in any other platform too so this bbm does nothing else than add another same messaging type of app in the store.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually look at at this way.

Why did BB release BBM on cross platform?
So people have more choice and are not limited to BB for BBM.
But hey, didn't hey have a lot of choice already?
With BBM open for all, you reduce the chances of people buying a BB phone, BB could end up as a company offering software services limited to BBM, only because everybody downloaded BBM and nobody bought BB.

shilpa0592

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think we might get bbm on wp8 now? Apparently, blackberry is coming out with a desktop version for PCs. Would that make it easier?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think we might get bbm on wp8 now? Apparently, blackberry is coming out with a desktop version for PCs. Would that make it easier?

Seriously?
They'll be really losing it for real, Imaging nasty people using that desktop app to cause bad activities, thanks to BBM's stringent security there'll be no trace of it.

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, the desktop version of BBM is not a standalone version, but it just links the desktop BBM to the Blackberry device.

See BBM on the desktop gets a BlackBerry Jam Asia demo | CrackBerry.com

What you see in the above image was a tech demo for BBM on the desktop at BlackBerry Jam Asia, essentially showing how your BlackBerry can be used to mirror the content on your BlackBerry to the desktop over USB and WiFi which also includes Windows integration, allowing for such things as using the file picker to send photos, files and more.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft and the Skype team need to work on skype more and then market the hell out of it. BUT whatsapp on WP sucks beyond

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft and the Skype team need to work on skype more and then market the hell out of it. BUT whatsapp on WP sucks beyond

Aha, I see you are back with your original avatar!
I do admit whatsapp on WP8 is a bad couple, but its still fine, I mean its not as bad as it could be :D, if you know what I mean

danish_81

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Adding BBM to Windows Phone Store will make a difference. BBM should be in store as early as possible. It will be a plus for our marketing & sales.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Skype is king - VoIP, video chat / conference, available on all devices, as in all devices from PCs to mobile phones to landline phones, TVs, gaming consoles, even on ancient platforms like Java mobile, Symbian S40/S60, and even the most popular phone of all time!

1.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So really, going by the OP's statement in this thread, this was another one of those, WP 'needs this app' to be successful threads. Along with all the other WP 'needs this app' to be successful threads.

If BBM comes, great, if not, I'm not going to miss it. If BB goes belly-up BBM will go with it. I really don't see the significance of using BBM and I highly doubt that it will be the same experience that you had on BB. We have enough issues with toast notifications and notifications in general on the phone. Can we fix that first before we bring another IM platform to the OS? That way people won't complain about because personally I'm tired with all the other threads complaining about notifications. Last thing I want is a thread complaining about BBM notifications.

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have not used BBM. But I don't see any major feature in it beside the PIN system (which I think is quite important)
I mean c'mon guys people are still using WhatsApp. The world has not ended. But still this is just a naive comment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb