Snapchat app - Will we ever see it on WP8?

Eanan

Sep 27, 2011
www.mixcloud.com
So weve been fobbed off for months now about them making a snapchat app for WP, yet its been shown that theyre making one for Samsungs gear watch thing.

Any news if there is an offical/unoffical app being made or if there is anyway to get swapchat on your device by using the SD card in your device for example?

Anyone know the reasoning for them still not releasing one? Does google have lots of shares in snapchat?

madbiologist

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
There was a recent rumor article on wmpoweruser sating they need gdr3 to be able to tell when a screenshot has been taken. That is a pretty obvious deficiency in swapchat, as it wouldn't notify other users of screenshot capture of a snap. So that rumor makes some sense. If so hopefully they will launch an official client with the first round of gdr3 devices. It would be a nice hole to fill since swapchat isn't available anymore.

http://wmpoweruser.com/rumour-snapc...efore-coming-to-windows-phone/comment-page-1/

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
There was a recent rumor article on wmpoweruser sating they need gdr3 to be able to tell when a screenshot has been taken. That is a pretty obvious deficiency in swapchat, as it wouldn't notify other users of screenshot capture of a snap. So that rumor makes some sense. If so hopefully they will launch an official client with the first round of gdr3 devices. It would be a nice hole to fill since swapchat isn't available anymore.

Rumour: Snapchat waiting for GDR3 before coming to Windows Phone | WMPoweruser

I read this too and fully understand why they would wait until MS builds this in. I have 2 immediate thoughts:

1- If this is the case, and it is something MS is aware of, is it really necessary to wait for a whole new build to work it in? I'm not a developer and don't know how long things like this take, but if they truly are trying to get as many apps as possible I'd expect there to be a bit more urgency, especially given how long GDR updates take to make it to all phones.

2- I really hope that the app is built and ready to go, so once MS puts this in (again, assuming this is the reason) it can launch almost immediately afterwards.

Eanan

Sep 27, 2011
www.mixcloud.com
2- I really hope that the app is built and ready to go, so once MS puts this in (again, assuming this is the reason) it can launch almost immediately afterwards.
I do indeed hope they do need GDR3, and it launches quickly, but I have a bad feeling we will be waiting until at least Windows Phone Blue for the app. The fact they have released such little info about an app on windows phone makes me think that they dont consider it a major priority, but I hope im proven wrong and its released before Xmas.

jonharrell

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well that's great to now, I just wish SnapChat would come out and say something about it at least. But if they are waiting for GDR3, AT&T will release that to my 920 in 2016, and i'm sure snapchat will be forgotten about by then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)