Default alarm worthless. Suggestions?

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
No wonder I missed two alarms. So I set up a sample one in a few minutes and at the correct time, I hear a vey faint "tink........................tink................tink...." That's with the default Nokia alarm and my volume control on maximum. It wouldn't wake up a bedbug, let alone a heavy sleeper.

And, of course, Nokia in their infinite stupidity doesn't let one test ring tones or other tones, coupled with their constant defaulting the volume control back to inaudible, here is another grand stupidity. Pretty worthless, compared to every phone I've ever alarmed with.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe some Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries?" or something really loud? Or an app that does better?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tap the little triangle in the circle to preview(pre-hear) the alarm tone.

Oh, and you need to create a new alarm in order to change the tone, you can't change tones for pre-existing alarms.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Tap the little triangle in the circle to preview(pre-hear) the alarm tone.

Oh, and you need to create a new alarm in order to change the tone, you can't change tones for pre-existing alarms.
Thanks for the perfect help! I found Alarm 6 to be fairly jarring even with the crapola audio of the phone. I never picked up on the triangle thing, thanks. Didn't have that option on my tubed short wave radio.............. (yeah, old guy.)

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found the right tone, I had a feeling that was the problem, because I use several alarms via the default alarm and it works great.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Alarm 6 is the most annoying alarm since the beginning of time...it has been around since Windows Mobile days. Nothing gets me out of bed like that horrible thing!

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would permit Pandora as the alarm. I have a Chumby that still works in spite of the fact that the apps are all gone. It wakes me up with pandora every day. Unfortunately my Chumby One died and I have no idea how long the Chumby 8 (which is the size of a picture frame) will last. I'm hoping microsoft implements this before either the device stops working or chumby's authentication services are closed down (which means the device won't do much past booting). But yeah pandora based alarm is the best way to wake up non-naturally.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm showing my age but I still use a clock/radio with battery backup set to classic rock. Ain't nothing like waking up to Joplin, Hendrix or Led Zep.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
At first, I thought my Lumia 925's default alarm was too soft. But it actually gets louder (maybe 2-3 steps) the longer it rings. I use a part of the "Battle Legendary Pokemon" music from Pokemon BW as my alarm and it can get pretty loud :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb