wife's contact icon stuck

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

This is odd and pretty nit-picky, but my wife's (and only my wife's) contact icon is stuck with a facebook profile pic that is pretty old. She has changed her profile image about six times now, and my phone still shows me this same one.

It is a linked account, if that matters. Facebook, Google, and Hotmail. Google and Hotmail do not have images associated with them... the image comes from the Facebook account.

Anyone know of a way to wake this stupid thing up? Even going into her Albums and into her Profile Pics in there, the album stops short at this image. None of the new ones that she posted since show up.

The only thing I can think of is that she got updated to that new Facebook layout a few months back. Is it possible that the profile pics now pull from a different place and WP isn't seeing that?

Please shout out any ideas you've got. It's driving me nuts. :)

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Is the contact picture of hers shown on your WP same as the album cover pic of her "Profile Pictures" album on Facebook? (Not to be confused with Cover Picture of the Profile)

If yes, that might be the reason, as WP picks that picture as contact FB picture which is set as the cover for Profile Pictures album. Happens with a few of my friends.
Try asking her to set her current profile pic as the cover of that album, I believe you can set a particular pic to be shown as album cover from the album view. You might have to tinker a bit with settings there on Facebook, I can't tell the exact steps since I'm not so much active on Facebook.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the same problem some are having (myself included) with their Me tile image, which has been stuck since the last GDR2 update. I have changed my FB profile image several times, but my Me tile image no longer changes. The image it is stuck on is not the album cover photo in FB, and in fact I completely deleted it from my FB cover album, yet my Me tile still shows it. There are topics opened about this here, and on the WP issues site. No solution.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's very strange that you deleted it and it still shows up.

I almost wish it was MY icon that was stuck so I could mess around in facebook and see what's going on. Not going to do that with my wife's account, though.

I did discover something odd last night after posting, though... and it has more to do with facebook than wp. If i go into her profile pictures album (on fb), her latest few profile images are not there. Well, not in chronological order, anyway. She has been reusing old ones, and so fb is not updating the profile album to put the current one on top. Perhaps WP doesn't grab the current profile image, but just the 'newest' one from their profile images folder?

Again, I wish this was my account. Seems like an easy thing to test- just make a new profile image. Alas, I'll have to wait, because it's now the anniversary of my wife's grandmother passing and her image is of her and her grandmother. Not likely to change for a while. :\

If this does sort out my issue, though, I'll repost here with the solution. In fact, I'll post regardless of success for the sake of documentation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs